FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mechanic and CFI for M5 floats near Missoula, MT WANTED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Maule CFIs & Mechanics in your area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theflyingwolf

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Mechanic and CFI for M5 floats near Missoula, MT WANTED Reply with quote

Hi,
I'll be looking at an M5 on floats next week in Missoula.
Any help for pre-buy inspection and CFI would be appreciated.

I'll need a bi-annual and a US float endorsement. I have a valid US license and valid US medical but have not flown a US registered plane for about 7 or 8 years. I am current on my Canadian license and bi-annuals and have 80 hours on floats (SuperCub), I fly annually 100 hours on a Cessna 185 on wheels and a total of 1600 hours.

Many thanks

Yves
1-514-264-8297
multimauler

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yves
I would contact Rick Gieger out of Cut Bank Montana as your Maule CFI(www.Montanabyair.com). I used him for my tail wheel endorsement and transition to a Maule. He has over 6000 hours in a Maule. However I do not know if he does floatplane training. If not, he may be able to suggest someone else. His mechanic at the Cut Bank airport would also be a great choice for your pre buy. He has a lot experience with Maules. He is actually doing a pre buy for me today on a M6 in Missoula. He just drove over there and is doing it in the plane's hangar. His name is Ted Van Meter 406-873-5773. Good Luck!
David
Theflyingwolf

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,
Thanks for the advices, these are exactly the 2 guys I've called and who will meet me up on Tuesday.
Happy Flying
Yves
multimauler

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great. Let us know how it goes.
David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Maule CFIs & Mechanics in your area All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: