FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Maule Instructor List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Maule CFIs & Mechanics in your area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dwayne777MX7



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 2
Location: Arkansas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Michael Dickinson Great Instructor! Reply with quote

Based in NW Arkansas, I just received 15 hours of dual for insurance purposes from Michael Dickinson of Moultrie, GA, including a BFR and Tail Wheel Endorsement, after reading about him on this forum. I couldn't be more pleased with his professionalism and knowledge of Maules. He's located on the same ramp as the Maule factory and worked in the factory in the 90s, as well as for his father who worked in the factory in the 70s before starting his own related business. He's a (CFI) flight instructor for single engine land & sea, commercial single sea & land, multi land instrument pilot. He also holds an A&P mechanics license with an inspection authorization (IA).

We flew our Maule there from Jackson MS where we purchased it with Michael coming up to help with a maint. acceptance inspection, and adult supervision for the flight to Maule land. While waiting for a time I could complete my training, Michael did an annual for our plane, saving some valuable time and money.

The training environment at Moultrie couldn't be better with plenty of uncontrolled grass and paved strips for practice. I was there for a week and found the hotel, restaurants, and town's folks to be extremely agreeable. Even got a tour of the factory where my Maule was born.

As a former airline and military pilot, I whole heartedly recommend Michael Dickinson as an excellent Maule instructor! Smile [229-891-8378 mobile]
_________________
Dwayne
www.afriendoftheking.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BamaMaule



Joined: 01 Jul 2013
Posts: 81
Location: Athens, AL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Dwayne.
Pictures/description of the new plane?
_________________
Greg
1980 M5-180C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MauleMechanic
100+ Posts


Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 735

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Michael Dickinson Great Instructor! Reply with quote

Dwayne777MX7 wrote:
Based in NW Arkansas, I just received 15 hours of dual for insurance purposes from Michael Dickinson of Moultrie, GA, including a BFR and Tail Wheel Endorsement, after reading about him on this forum. I couldn't be more pleased with his professionalism and knowledge of Maules. He's located on the same ramp as the Maule factory and worked in the factory in the 90s, as well as for his father who worked in the factory in the 70s before starting his own related business. He's a (CFI) flight instructor for single engine land & sea, commercial single sea & land, multi land instrument pilot. He also holds an A&P mechanics license with an inspection authorization (IA).

We flew our Maule there from Jackson MS where we purchased it with Michael coming up to help with a maint. acceptance inspection, and adult supervision for the flight to Maule land. While waiting for a time I could complete my training, Michael did an annual for our plane, saving some valuable time and money.

The training environment at Moultrie couldn't be better with plenty of uncontrolled grass and paved strips for practice. I was there for a week and found the hotel, restaurants, and town's folks to be extremely agreeable. Even got a tour of the factory where my Maule was born.

As a former airline and military pilot, I whole heartedly recommend Michael Dickinson as an excellent Maule instructor! Smile [229-891-8378 mobile]


Where is the thumbs up smiley?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
akairborne



Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 3
Location: Anch, AK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Pre Buy in ANC area Reply with quote

Does anyone know an A&P familiar with Maules in the Anchorage/Mat-SU area available to do a short-notice pre-buy?

Thanks

Mike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Undaunted



Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 86
Location: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Fairbanks, AK instructor? Reply with quote

I just purchased a M7-235C with essentially no tailwheel time. I have been flying a Cirrus SR22 and now making the move to what I really want to fly. I have found a high time tailwheel instructor locally here in WI but unfortunately no Maule experience. Now it looks like I will be working for about 2 weeks in Fairbanks in June. I am looking for someone there to do Maule tailwheel training in their plane (mine will remain in WI while I am up north).

Any Suggestions?
_________________
1999 M7-235C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JW



Joined: 02 Sep 2013
Posts: 14
Location: michigan kbeh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new here ,this is my second post
I started flying in 2006
All of my time was in a diamond 20 for 40-50 hours and then a cirrus 20 for 600
Last fall I bought a 88 m-6 235 and am having more fun than ever
My instructor had some maule time but it was years ago. What he did have was gobs of current tailwheel time and patience. After about 10-15 hours and plenty of crosswind stuff we both felt comfortable with the sign off.
My opinion is 200 hours of tailwheel time in the last year trumps 500 hours of maule time 10 years ago.
I don't think I could wait till June if I just bought one of the most exciting planes out there.
_________________
1988 M6-235 5670T
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Undaunted



Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 86
Location: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JW,
Thanks for the good advice. I think I am following what you propose as I am training with the instructor I mentioned, weather has kept us down the past week, now looking at another 5 days of storms. Did get up yesterday for he first time...this definitely puts a smile on my face. I will continue training but don't want to miss out on flying just because I am out of the area. Thought training in make/model would be a plus.
MJ
_________________
1999 M7-235C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MauleMechanic
100+ Posts


Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 735

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JW wrote:

My opinion is 200 hours of tailwheel time in the last year trumps 500 hours of maule time 10 years ago.


I'll take the over-all 10 year experience in a Maule then 200 hours in just any taildragger......That's why a lot of Maules get broke.....

Only Perfect practice makes Perfect! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mx180a



Joined: 10 Aug 2014
Posts: 36
Location: FL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Instructor needed Reply with quote

Looking for an instructor in north central FL for insurance checkout
Thanks,
Bob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cleach



Joined: 13 Jun 2014
Posts: 14
Location: Albuquerque

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: great instructor Reply with quote

I just purchased a '96 Maule M4 and had the factory in Moultrie do the annual. The factory recommended Michael Dickinson from Moultrie (CESMAULE@gmail.com). Man were they right. I have been flying for 39 years and Michael is the best instructor I have ever had. He will put you through the paces and no one even at Maule knows Maules better than Michael. He is also a very nice guy. Spend the travel money and go to Moultrie for lessons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Duane
100+ Posts


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 668
Location: moultrie ga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May want to call him first.. Michael is my lil brother. He busted his wrist recently and may be unavailable for a little bit.
_________________
Duane

duane@mauleairinc.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MauleMechanic
100+ Posts


Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 735

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duane wrote:
May want to call him first.. Michael is my lil brother. He busted his wrist recently and may be unavailable for a little bit.


Been calling him "Crip" for the past few days Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KYLE



Joined: 01 Feb 2016
Posts: 13
Location: PIQUA, OHIO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from Cut Bank, MT where Rick Geiger from Montana By Air gave me much needed training for my M4. Rick is very professional and full of useful knowledge.
I can highly recommend anyone going out that way to look Rick up and get a few hours in his Maule or yours!
His endorsement in my log book actually got me a lower rate on my insurance!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andy
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 935
Location: Lake James, NC, USA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the view that Maule tailwheel time is not the same as generic tailwheel time. You wouldn't want someone with 200 hours in a J3 within the last year and no time in a M7-235 as an instructor in a M7-235.
_________________
Andy
1986 MX7-180
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Maule CFIs & Mechanics in your area All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Site design by BackcountryPilot.Org