FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dog Island, Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Airports, Airparks and Flying Destinations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norcal64d

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Dog Island, Florida Reply with quote

Visited a fun island airstrip near Appalachacola called Dog Island. Its 2500ft nice grass runway with a $10 landing fee for the upkeep. You can walk about 100 yards right to a white sand beach. Worth checking out if you're in the area.

Anyone have suggestions for grass strips to explore in Alabama or Georgia?

[img]http://imgur.com/a/FihArPH[/img]

Last edited by norcal64d on Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:05 am; edited 7 times in total
TomD
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Dog Island Reply with quote

This brings back memories! My family used to go to Carabelle, FL to fish a couple times a year and the sea trout liked to hide around Dog Island.

You may want to find the place in your photo application where you can size your images so they will fit on the post.

I personally use Imgur.com

There is a really good "how to" on a previous post on Solar Eclipse under Triple tree. I think this link will get you there:

http://maulepilots.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5076&start=0
Duane
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might recommend the grass strip next to the lake at the Maule factory. Smile There are a few other grass strips nearby. My step-dad used to fly to Dog Island quite often. Neat place.

duane@mauleairinc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Airports, Airparks and Flying Destinations All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: