FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How would this be for a first Maule?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> NEW: purchase considerations, Model comparision/selection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomD
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David B.

Check your PM
DavidB.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimB wrote:
I worked on this aircraft in the past and was working on the rigging when it can to light, we ran a string line down the wing and found both rear spars bent down and found out that it had ben flipped over in the past and not replaced from a previous owner and sold. The owner at that time sold it. Now its back up for sale- pass the buck, buyer beware. Lots of wash in!!!!

Tim,

The owner sent me log book entries, he is ready to come WAY down in price due to illness. I do not think he can fly anymore.

I see an entry from you in 2015 about welding the seat and muffler. The only entry I see referencing the rigging is from another shop. Are you sure it's the same aircraft?
This one looks to have had a gear collapse at one point, but no indication from what I have seen that it ws flipped over.

I'm an A&P, with my own hangar and all the stuff I need to work on this aircraft, but I have little experience in fabric airplanes, despite having worked at Cub Crafters for a while. I did sales and computer stuff for them, I only flew the cubs. Most of my experience is with turbine helicopters and Pilatuses flown on part 135 certificates.

I like the advice you have given Maule owners on this forum. You seem picky, I like that, I am too. If I decide to go for this aircraft, can I pay you to come to it and inspect it with me?

David
MauleWacko
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
If you decide to buy it, fly it for a while first. Not just around the pattern.
I myself would not want or own a maule under 220 Hp. Some guys are ok with it. I have never met a pilot wanting less HP. One thing to look at is how many times it changed hands. Quite a few ?? Wonder why???
I think it is still priced to high. I follow the market. I am seeing now the first time since the last crash, prices starting to come down, planes not selling as fast and a lot of price reduced. I have had my share of Maule's and stol type aircraft. I am very picky in the way an aircraft fly's. Any aircraft I own next will have to be 200 mph plus or it is not my tool I need.
Tim B. is one of only two mechanic I have met that would be well worth paying to inspect any Maule or aircraft. I always say I would pay to have either one do a inspection on a plane I wanted to buy and pay to have them go on vacation while I was selling one!!
You must of known Bryant at CC?
TimB
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's chat
DavidB.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MauleWacko wrote:
David,
If you decide to buy it, fly it for a while first. Not just around the pattern.
I myself would not want or own a maule under 220 Hp. Some guys are ok with it. I have never met a pilot wanting less HP. One thing to look at is how many times it changed hands. Quite a few ?? Wonder why???
I think it is still priced to high. I follow the market. I am seeing now the first time since the last crash, prices starting to come down, planes not selling as fast and a lot of price reduced. I have had my share of Maule's and stol type aircraft. I am very picky in the way an aircraft fly's. Any aircraft I own next will have to be 200 mph plus or it is not my tool I need.
Tim B. is one of only two mechanic I have met that would be well worth paying to inspect any Maule or aircraft. I always say I would pay to have either one do a inspection on a plane I wanted to buy and pay to have them go on vacation while I was selling one!!
You must of known Bryant at CC?

Never met or heard of Bryant. I was hired into management there to accomplish some specific tasks. I didn't spend a lot of time with production workers or the mechanics at CC Services (a different company from the factory)

D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> NEW: purchase considerations, Model comparision/selection All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: