FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
C201 pitch stops

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mog
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: C201 pitch stops Reply with quote

Ok, so I have a C201 being rebuilt as we speak. However I need to give the shop the pitch stops. Does anyone have accurate information on this so I can try to get this right the first go around.
vaughans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Franklin with 82" Mac 201 Reply with quote

Had an 82" Mac 201 done by Northwest Propeller Service to go on my M4220C Maule. Set low pitch to 9.5 degrees from 13, .310 spacer was changed out to .175 to acheive the change. They have done quite a few these for installation on the 220 Franklin. Hope this helps as this question seems to come up from time to time.

vaughans
Mog
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about high stop? Or maybe your saying 9.5 low and 13 high?
vaughans

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mog,
As stated prior what they did to acheive proper setup for the Franklin, log book entry reads, Removed, cleaned and installed propellor cylinder, set low pitch to 9.5 degrees, per McCauley manual MPC200. Your prop shop should be able to fix you up with info provided.

vaughans
Mog
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the info without question, but the shop is asking me for the pitches both high and low. I will see if MPC200 means anything to them, but my search shows that’s just a generic manual for the 200 series prop.

I have found other pitch info from the Stinson crowd.

Low 11.5 High 22
And
Low 13 High 24.5
Then of course your recommendation of
Low 9.5 High unknown?

The prop shop is in Cali and I’m here in Texas. Testing and changing is not overly viable. If I get it wrong the first time then I will have to pay another shop here to change the stop shims.
MauleWacko
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had my C201 done from Northwest Propeller 13 years ago. Seems odd a propeller shop would not have the specs to set up a propeller and would ask the aircraft owner for the information. There was all sorts of information for the propeller and Franklin 220HP combination when we did the 82 inch approval on the M4-220 back in 2006. One thing cool is the 220 Franklin is certified to run a 90 inch propeller. So with extended gear out now and 8.50 tires you might get the clearance for a 86 inch. I saw that combo on a Cessna 170B and it was impressive. Airframes of different makes and combos of the same set up vary though. I would call Northwest and see if they can get you the numbers to save you aggravation and money. Shocked
vaughans

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mog,
Not my recommendation, Was what the prop shop that knew what they were doing stated & supplied on the FAA 8130 form. If your shop doesn't know what to do I think I would be leary of using them & find a shop that knows what to do, customer should not have to tell them how to do their work. I watched the work when they did it, took it home & installed with my mechanic & everything works great as it should. Don't know how else I can help.

vaughans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: