looking for fellow Maule Owner in Florida

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
lou amato

Post by lou amato »

Hi all, I'm new to Mauledom, having picked up an M4 a couple of months ago. I'm looking forward to meeting TOm Gary who I understand is a new M4 owner from Orlando. My home is in Frostproof, about 30 miles from Lakeland.

Are there any other Florida Maule owners out there, and how about a fly in to get together and meet?

Lou Amato
Lou Amato
M4 180V
Frostproof, FL

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

I'm in Albany GA. Not Fla., but I would like to attend a Fly-in. Central Fl. area is good for me, not too long a flight

Rocketman

Post by Rocketman »

lou amato wrote:Hi all, I'm new to Mauledom, having picked up an M4 a couple of months ago. I'm looking forward to meeting TOm Gary who I understand is a new M4 owner from Orlando. My home is in Frostproof, about 30 miles from Lakeland.

Are there any other Florida Maule owners out there, and how about a fly in to get together and meet?

Lou Amato
I would like to hear about your M4-180. Is it one of the new M4 you have?
I had an M4-220 for six years. I logged just shy of a thousand hours in. Those were the best years of my life and I miss my Maule.
I was based at the Keystone Heights Airport and I did a lot of flying in central Florida in the 90's.
As for the new M4, I would think one wouldn't miss the 40hp between the 180 and the 220 being lighter than the old M4. That would be my only concern. After having 220hp I wouldn't think I'd be happy with less power.
I flew an M5-235 for less than an hour once. I know that's not enough time to make friends with an airplane but I liked my M4 better. I think it was the extra weight of the 235 that made a difference to me in the takeoff and landing enviroment.
Anyway, I keep a close eye on the new M4 project and if I could figure a way to get my wife to go along with it, I'd have me one soon.
Real pilots fly airplanes built in Moultrie.
Real good pilots fly yellow airplanes that smell like poison built in Albany.

manatee

Maules at 48X

Post by manatee »

Lou,

There is an M5-180 at 48X and an M7-235, when I'm there. It's a nice grass strip about 5 miles north of Palmetto on the edge of Tampa Bay. No fuel anymore, though.

I saw another one out at Wachula, and one at Williston.

Unfortunately, I'm more in Texas these days, otherwise I'd say let's get together.
The Flying Manatee

Aerobatix

I'm in La Belle, FL!!

Post by Aerobatix »

Hi There,

I am a newer Maule pilot as well! I live a little farther south in La Belle, FL. It's about 25 miles east of Ft. Myers. We have a 4000' grass strip in our community and you are all welcme to come down here whenever you want. The strip is FA51 Sky Manor, the runway is 9-27 right along the Caloosahatchee river.

There is a local fair/festival the last weekend in Feb. if you're looking for an excuse. Anyhow, I'll fly up to central FLorida if something gets organized. My A/P is in Lakeland and I'm up there occassionally. My parents are in Tampa so I'm there regularly also.

Hope to see some other Maule pilots soon!

Rob Sarlan
sarlan@comcast.net

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Use to be at DED. Now in Texas.
A good place to visit is Flying W Airranch you can find it on the net.
Bed and breakfast, will cook for anyone who flys in. Nice place between Tampa and Sanford.
Tell him Goad sent you, then duck.