Elevator rigging

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

M5guy

Elevator rigging

Post by M5guy »

Do any of you with an M-5 have any close up pics of the rigging connections for the rear elevator horns? Just need to take the inspection plate off and look at the rigging. I've been restoring and think I have have everything reconnected right but would like some pics to compare what others have. Have been waiting for something from Maule but waiting and waiting and waiting??? I just want to see how the cables connect to the top and the bottom of the horns.

Thanks

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

Have you talked to Bryan in parts? he can send you a print in pdf format.

I'll have him send it if you email him at parts@mauleairinc.com. or just call me at maule tomorrow and i'll bop him on the head and get him to send it. :)

M5guy

el rigging

Post by M5guy »

Duane:

Thanks, will do.

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

M5 Guy-

I know you are already thinking about this (I hope) just make sure it is rigged correct if you have had the cables off to avoid a very bad first filght. :oops:

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Do us all a favor. When your done, pull back on the yoke and ensure the trailing edge of the elevator is in the up position, not down :oops:

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Wup beat me to it.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

There are at least three service bulletins regarding the hookup, one re cables attached at the correct position, one re the forward cable attach point on the bellcrank, and one regarding the cable turnbuckle to elevater horn links. You can find them all on Maule's website. Try Service Bulletins and Service Letters.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

M5guy

Post by M5guy »

Thank -you all. I have recieved very good pdf file from Maule with drawings I needed. I am also familiar w/ the elevator SB's but thanks Jeremy. Hope have the fully restored Maule for the fly-in next spring, FINALLY!!!
...Those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles...