lifting dimension needed

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

callisto989

lifting dimension needed

Post by callisto989 »

Could someone provide the distance between the two lifting eyes on the wing top of a late model M7 (2000 - on)
My AP has to make up a lift frame to pick up a M7 that is damaged in a remote location .
Since it is not located here, we don't have any way of measuring it.
The distance from inside of eye bolt to inside of eyebolt would be most helpful
Thanks !!

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Off extrapolating without going to plane to measure it, Id say 3ft 6inch or a tad less.

Close enough to make a spreader as he will probably use short lengths of cable or chain. As you lift, you will need a hold down at the tail unless the prop is off.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

I'll post tomorrow with the dimensions .

callisto989

Post by callisto989 »

Thanks Jeremy but I talked to him, and he plans to modify an existing lift bar he uses to lift C185 and C206 seaplanes, and it doesn't use any chain or cable from the bar to the plane lifting eye -- just a "Quick link" (chain splicing link that screws together for the bar-to-lifting eye connection. Hence, the exact dimension is needed.
(I tried calling Maule several times in the last few days to get this info, but never got anything but an answering service)
Thanks for the info on the rear needing to be held down. Any idea approximately how much weight is required -- as I can see where possibly a bucket with sand or rocks in it could be used to negate having another "warm body" necessary on the trip. From the pictures, the plane has a 3 blade prop

bobguhr
100+ Posts

Post by bobguhr »

I measured the lifting eyes on my M6 they are 36.5" center to center. Maybe Jeremy or Duane could chime in to verify iwether an M7 fusealage measures the same.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

M6 and M7 are same spread.
The lift rings can move laterally a bit if the nut is slackened.
Don't forget to re torque.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide