Mx7 motor mount bushings?

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

Opensky

Mx7 motor mount bushings?

Post by Opensky »

Opensky

Post by Opensky »

Sorry, I know it would helpful to see a photo but I give up. I’m pretty sure that I have lord mounts installed and they are worn out. Will go with what lycoming parts catalog C4F engine calls for -71032 bushings.

Thanks, any feedback appreciated.
Jeff

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

Try adding [/img] after your first line.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

Opensky

Post by Opensky »

Thanks, I tried that earlier then hit preview and..... nothing but code.

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

One other option, try removing the “?dl=0â€￾ from the URL. I can reach it that way directly, but not with the [img] tags. Below is a link with the tag that will get you there. [url]htt ... .32.25.jpg

Can’t really explain it. Might actually be Dropbox that’s the problem, not the way you built the link. But I can see your photo when I click the link.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

tellicovillage
100+ Posts

Bushings

Post by tellicovillage »

I am currently replacing my engine on my 1998 MXT-7-180A. This was one of the more time consuming things to track down.

I found some sources out there call for the Lord J7764-10.
It is wrong.

The correct mount I believe is Lord J-6230-1 and mine looks like yours in the picture and the mounts i got appear to be the same. Herber had the best price.
https://www.herberaircraft.com

I got my bolts and lock nuts from Chief but they they are standard AN hardware so lots of sources.

Opensky

Post by Opensky »

Thanks! I'll search those out and see what I can come up with, yes very confusing/consuming

Opensky

Post by Opensky »

Big Thanks to Tellicovillage for the correct Lord Mount part numbers, ordered them from Heber. It was an easy fix, only having to undo the throttle linkage and a primer line. We used an engine hoist and floor jack with a 2x4 to nudge/roll engine, we changed them out one at a time. The acute vibration I was feeling came from the oil cooler attachment tabs, two of the three were broken at the welds, which was the result of worn engine mounts- I won't overlook those again!

My 1800 hour c4f is Cadilac smooth again (nearly).

Jeff