337 Library?

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
pilot
100+ Posts

337 Library?

Post by pilot »

I was just reading a post from captnkirk about being bored and organizing all of his logs, including 337's. Has anyone ever attempted to put together a Maule 337 library? It seems that with all the technology we have it would be a fairly easy task and would be EXTREMELY helpful to this whole Maule community.
I can't remember if I fired six shots, or only five.....

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

I'll Second that motion.
The best Government, is less Government.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Sounds like a great idea! Have a format in mind?
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

How about a dropbox account or other free storage account with the login/ password posted here. 337 holders can scan in and add to the library at will, with everyone having access to the information.

Desert Fox

Post by Desert Fox »

Has there been any more thought of the 337 library? I can volunteer a Dropbox type account. PDF format is a good universal file format. A scanner is not needed as there are many free apps that use a smart phone camera to creat a PDF file (e.g. Scannable for Apple devices). It would be a great benefit to the group!

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

2066U wrote:Has there been any more thought of the 337 library? I can volunteer a Dropbox type account. PDF format is a good universal file format. A scanner is not needed as there are many free apps that use a smart phone camera to creat a PDF file (e.g. Scannable for Apple devices). It would be a great benefit to the group!
Good idea. I could add a section for that and limit the access to registered users.
Would you maintain it? We would have to discuss whether to have it implemented into the forum phpBB surface or have a different page ... etc
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org

Desert Fox

Post by Desert Fox »

I can maintain it. It could be as easy as providing a link to the shared folder.
"To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. To fly is everything.” - Otto Lilienthal

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I have a few to share.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Desert Fox

Post by Desert Fox »

Here is a link to the Maule 337 folder. I will begin to add files over the next couple days. Please contribute files in a PDF format as I have only received a few responses. PM me to submit a 337 to the library. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ld00ulm395lr ... YMIla?dl=0
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. To fly is everything.” - Otto Lilienthal

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I kind of forgot about this. I'll have to pull some records!

Desert Fox

Post by Desert Fox »

Thank you! I think it would be beneficial to the group.

PCH

Post by PCH »

Excellent idea. Thank you 2066U for doing this.

I see the 337 for going from 8.50 tires to 26 Goodyear tires. Would that require double puck brakes?

Desert Fox

Post by Desert Fox »

Not sure. Generally the bigger the tire the more brake you would want to stop it. The brake is not referenced in the 337.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Practically speaking, any larger diameter than 8.50x6 tyre needs double puck brakes, to provide adequate sensitivity and significantly more brake control and less pressure on the brake rod and cylinders.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

MizzouMaule

Post by MizzouMaule »

Does anyone have a 337 for the Odyssey SBS J-16 battery for une=der the seat of a '98 MX7-180C to add to the 337 library?
Bill
1998 MX7-180C