M7-235C and Bushwheels

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
joemcd

M7-235C and Bushwheels

Post by joemcd »

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on Bushwheels paired with the wide gear. I have a 1999 M7-235C with a three blade prop. How well suited is this combination for off field work with Bushwheels? I would appreciate any advice.

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

I would get in touch with Wup at AK bushwheels and Jeremy Ainsworth of Maule AK. I'm sure you would be fine, but Jeremy has I'm sure run them on spring gear where I have not. Wup would know exactly what if any extra parts would be required etc.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

The 26, 29, and 31" bushwheels do very well on the C widegear.
Most important is to properly track the wheels/tyres for true so there is no un-necessary wear. Maule has taper shims for this purpose.
When you buy your tyres, Wup will explain the rest of it re fitting etc
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

beaver

Post by beaver »

I have both 31's and Wup's new 29" Air Hawk with 10" wheels that I run on my M7-260C, I really like the 31's much better but they wear (cost ) more when your having to use paved stuff, so I run the small one's (Air Hawks) in winter and switch back to 31 bushwheels in Summer. They have multiple advantages to their usage. I'd never run 8.50's on a tailwheel Maule again, especially a big engined Maule.