First Annual "LONE STAR MAULE ROUNDUP"

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
Russell461
100+ Posts

First Annual "LONE STAR MAULE ROUNDUP"

Post by Russell461 »

FIRST ANNUAL "LONE STAR MAULE ROUNDUP"

WHEN: May 10-12, 2013

WHERE: Llano, TX Municipal Airport (KAQO) with it’s 3200’ x 300' grass strip. (Also a nice paved runway)

WHO: All Maule owners and any other aircraft that would like to join in the fun. The more the better. BRENT MAULE from Maule Air, Inc. will be in attendance all weekend !!!

WHAT: Lots of flying on area grass strips & lake beds, STOL demonstrations, Food, Fun & Fellowship. Lots of pictures & video will be taken so don’t miss out.

COST: $0.00 for the event. T-Shirts and Hats are available by Pre-Order (See other Thread for details). Raffle prizes on Sat. night. If you would like to donate a raffle item, please PM me. It would be greatly appreciated.

FUEL: KAQO has great prices on fuel and the airport manager “Llano Larry” is super excited we are coming for the weekend. Give him a call if you need any airport assistance. (325) 247-5635

CAMPING: We can camp beside our planes at the Llano Airport so plan on a Friday or Saturday stay.

SHOWERS: There is one shower at the airport and thanks to Jeff Hopf, Llano State Farm Agent AND the Lone Star Inn in Llano, there will be 2 rooms available at the Inn for Showers & Changing (Saturday Night Only). Bring your own Towels & Toiletries.

IN-TOWN ROOMS FOR OVERNIGHT STAY: Please contact Mike or Sema at the Lone Star Inn, Llano, TX. (325) 247-4111. See
www.booking.com/Lone-Star-Inn-Llano

TRANSPORTATION: The airport has 2 loaner cars and Coopers BBQ keeps a 3rd there for transportation to and from the restaurant (only). The airport cars are available to run into town for supplies or to the Llano Inn for a shower & change. If you know you need a car, please call Courtesy Car Rental at (325) 247-1177 and reserve one ASAP.

FOOD: The local Airport Advisory Board and pilots will be hosting breakfast on Saturday morning and a Hamburger Lunch on Saturday for all attendees (nominal charge/plate) as well as providing golf carts to get to the FBO from the grass strip (camping area). There will be a grill available to use if you want to bring something to cook. Coopers BBQ is a MUST for either Friday night or Saturday Night !. There are many other great places to eat in Llano.

WHAT TO DO IN LLANO: There are some great old shops in and around Llano, a Museum, Art Gallery, and other area attractions. Check out the Llano Chamber Link below and give them a call.

SATURDAY NIGHT: Movie Night in the Hangar with flying pics & videos shot during the day. Popcorn....adult beverages.... Brent Maule may also be showing some factory videos and/or aircraft videos too.

IMPORTANT: For the campers, bring your own Tie-Downs. There are no tie-downs on the grass strip. There are several on the pad (but that's no fun !).

FLY DOWN WITH US ON FRIDAY:

Several of the DFW Area planes will meet and fly down on Friday so let us know if you would like to meet up with us for the fly-out.

For more information on KAQO: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KAQO. Llano Larry (airport manager) at 325-423-2705.

For more information on the attractions of Llano, TX including Lodging, Transportation & Dining:

http://www.llanochamber.org/

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN....so SPREAD THE WORD !!!

Vendors Welcome !!!

For more information call:

Andrew (M5) at (972) 896-8315
Charlie (MT-7) at (817) 602-0999
Russell (M7) (903) 366-8050

Here is the current RSVP list of the folks that are planning on attending the Lone Star Maule Roundup:

Andrew Kudlacek: M5-235
Charlie Pace: MT-7-260
Russell Armstrong: M7-235
David Beaver: M7-260
Mike Hergenrather: M7-260
Tom Ball: M7-260
Brian Fine: M7-260
DirtDobber: M5-235
TXMaule: M5
Klaas Koster: M7-235
Jjam737: M5-235
Erik Mulloy:
Phil Thompson:
BigEagle (Joe Borden): MXT-7
Andy & Sandy Travnicek: M7
usernameguy: M7
rw2 (From Mexico !!!): M7
Mike Clifton (From AZ): M7
Chuck Schroll (From AZ): Clipped wing M7 (300 hp !!!)
Van Turner: Luscomb or Cessna 140
Brian Jones: Cherokee 180
Brokenaero (Gary)
Clark Brooks, Owner Waco Flying Service (Cougar)
Aaron Dabney, CFII w/ Waco Flying Service (Legend Cub)
Charlie Miller, President Maule Air Texas, Inc. (Tiger)
Kirby Wiseman
Brent Mayes
Jeff Hopf: American Champion
Rex & Kim Malone: Piper Pacer
David, Cade & Jaci Isham: MTX-180a
Chris Johnson: M5
Thomas Thrall: Cessna 180
Steven & Debra Hein: M4-180-V
BRENT MAULE from Maule Air, Inc. !!!

There will be several local Llano pilots and area EAA Chapters that will join us as well.

FLYING DOWN from the DFW Area in a Group on 5/10:

Russell A.
Andrew K.
Charlie P.
Jerry J. (Jjam737)
Borden, Joe (BigEagle)

WE WILL ALL MEET AT HAMILTON AIRPORT (KMNZ) at 10:15 a.m. and then head on down to Llano.

(Email Russell at rarmstrong.cfp@gmail.com if you want the meet-up location.)

Share this Link with all of your pilot friends:

FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/events/5071743 ... ts&fref=ts
Last edited by Russell461 on Wed May 08, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 65 times in total.
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
70' BAC Jet Provost Mk. 1
39' J3
YouTube Channel: russell461

DirtDobber

Post by DirtDobber »

Russell,
I saw at the end of your video that you advertised the Roundup to be in Llano. Is this official? Hope so. Good, central location and cheap gas...as of today, anyways. Looking forward to the get together.

Russell461
100+ Posts

Post by Russell461 »

DirtDobber wrote:Russell,
I saw at the end of your video that you advertised the Roundup to be in Llano. Is this official? Hope so. Good, central location and cheap gas...as of today, anyways. Looking forward to the get together.
BUSTED.....Yes sir, the 1st Annual Lone Star Maule Roundup will be held at the Llano Municipal Airport. Details will be posted once everything is put together. Llano Larry (Airport Manager) is super excited that we are having the event at KAQO. It is going to be fun ! Spread the Word !!!
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
39' J3

Russell461
100+ Posts

Deleted

Post by Russell461 »

Deleted. Refer to initial Posting for Roundup Details.
Last edited by Russell461 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
39' J3

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

Camping and shower at the field.?
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

Russell461
100+ Posts

Post by Russell461 »

Yes Sir ! Llano Municipal has restrooms & shower & camping on the airport grounds is permitted (Encouraged) !. Bring your own towels. A BBQ Pit will be available for use but open fire pits are not allowed.
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
39' J3

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

Sounds good. Looks like 7+ hours in the air from Moultrie but doable.
I'll give you a call.
Russell461 wrote:Yes Sir ! Llano Municipal has restrooms & shower & camping on the airport grounds is permitted (Encouraged) !. Bring your own towels. A BBQ Pit will be available for use but open fire pits are not allowed.
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

txmaule

Post by txmaule »

sounds like alot of fun a brewing....you can count on me and my ol' m-5 to come up from seabrook, tx. I'll spread the word down this way
skip k.

Russell461
100+ Posts

Post by Russell461 »

Fantastic Skip! We look forward to seeing you & your friends.
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
39' J3

JimD

Post by JimD »

Crappity Crap...
Same weekend as Kenny Chesney concert at Cowboys Stadium.
Bought my sons tickets for Christmas.
Guess I am out. Hope everyone has a great time.
Jim D
1984 M5-180C

So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry

Russell461
100+ Posts

Post by Russell461 »

JimD wrote:Crappity Crap...

Very very Sorry Jim. Family time takes precedence for sure but we will miss you. Maybe next year !!!
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
39' J3

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

Russell461 wrote:
JimD wrote:Crappity Crap...
Very very Sorry Jim. Family time takes precedence for sure but we will miss you. Maybe next year !!!
Also hope to have you join us for one of our smaller local outings that I am sure we will have in addition to this one either before and/or after this one. This goes for everyone of course!

usernameguy

I am in......

Post by usernameguy »

Hopefully. That is going to be a great weekend for me to get back to my house in Austin and make sure everything is ready for summer. I am either going to go big and bring both my planes which would either be 2 M7's or an M7 and a carbon cub. Worst case situation I airline to austin and borrow a sweet 185. Charlie, Russel, and Andrew I know some great little side destinations from Llanno if you guys are interested and the land owners are as well. Most would require a taildragger with comfortable pilots all the way up to Fairly skilled pilots. We will most likely camp at one of our favorite destinations fairly close, and if some of you have bigger tires and are interested please PM me. It is about a 300 ft "runway" but is a nice place. Just not too much room to park.

Here is a video of some of the fun around Llanno for those of you that aren't super familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJO4OSR_L0

Organizers is it ok to invite non Maule Folks? I have a lot of friends from up here and local to Austin that might love to join in on the fun. Thoughts?

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Re: I am in......

Post by AndrewK »

usernameguy wrote:Hopefully. That is going to be a great weekend for me to get back to my house in Austin and make sure everything is ready for summer. I am either going to go big and bring both my planes which would either be 2 M7's or an M7 and a carbon cub. Worst case situation I airline to austin and borrow a sweet 185. Charlie, Russel, and Andrew I know some great little side destinations from Llanno if you guys are interested and the land owners are as well. Most would require a taildragger with comfortable pilots all the way up to Fairly skilled pilots. We will most likely camp at one of our favorite destinations fairly close, and if some of you have bigger tires and are interested please PM me. It is about a 300 ft "runway" but is a nice place. Just not too much room to park.

Here is a video of some of the fun around Llanno for those of you that aren't super familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJO4OSR_L0

Organizers is it ok to invite non Maule Folks? I have a lot of friends from up here and local to Austin that might love to join in on the fun. Thoughts?
Yes, everyone is welcome, even non-Maule folks.
It will be good to have someone there with local knowledge of the less-known spots that we can explore.
Great video! We spoke via email when you first posted it about this camping spot, wouldn't mind checking it out when down there.

usernameguy

Re: I am in......

Post by usernameguy »

Yes, everyone is welcome, even non-Maule folks.
It will be good to have someone there with local knowledge of the less-known spots that we can explore.
Great video! We spoke via email when you first posted it about this camping spot, wouldn't mind checking it out when down there.[/quote]

Thats good cause I may have already invited a few friends. Yep I would love to show anyone is interested. We would probably stagger the visitations just to be thoughtful to the locals.