Texas fly-ins and gatherings

Discuss or announce upcoming gatherings.
AndrewK
100+ Posts

Texas fly-ins and gatherings

Post by AndrewK »

Figured we could start a new thread where we can coordinate our fly-in/gathering plans without hijacking other threads. Also the subject line might catch the eye of other Lonestar state (and surrounding area) Maule pilots that haven't been following the other threads.

So far Charlie has offered up his place for a gathering, people are welcome to drop in to my family's strip as well and there are numerous other fun little airports and places of interest we could invade around DFW and thoughout the rest of the state.

Some of the stuff we had discussed included flying out for breakfast/lunch/dinner, camping out somewhere, impromptu landing contests, local grass strip tour (or a combination of all of the above!).

I am up for any of the above and anywhere in the state as long as the weather and my schedule align.

Also, since we are a friendly bunch is it safe to assume that all aircraft and pilots are welcome to join in as long as they recognize the Maule is superior and they can keep up? :D

Looking forward to a great fly-in season!

DirtDobber

Post by DirtDobber »

I'd really like to make one of these. I've got commitments on weekends of April 12-14 and May 24-26, but outside of those dates I'm game. My wife even likes the idea.

Heck, I've never even been to a fly-in.....on purpose anyways. Sounds like fun. I'll be watching for locations and dates and hope to meet some more Maule drivers.

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

Way to go Andrew, so far it looks like five or six are on board.
I'm open to any weekend, but Memorial day weekend would give people an extra day and might make it easier for people further out. Just a thought. Waiting to hear from username guy, he's coming from Denver I think.

charliepace

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

Sorry Dirt dobber I see your tied up on the Memorial Day weekend, nothing set yet and West Tx folks are as good as it gets, we want you here.

charlie pace

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

One of my hangarmates that I haven't seen post here is finishing up some stuff on his Maule and I am sure would join us as well once he is up and running so one more Maule to add to the list.

I will also be out of town Memorial day weekend but don't let that stop you from putting something together with whoever is staying in town, just make sure to take some pictures so the rest of us can see what we missed.

Kind of last minute but Russell and I are meeting at Cedar Mills for lunch around noon tomorrow (Feb 16) if anyone wants to join in.

usernameguy

Post by usernameguy »

oops just found this. Ill keep an eye on it. Let me know what you guys are thinking and ill do my best to make it.

Russell461
100+ Posts

First Annual "LONE STAR MAULE ROUNDUP"

Post by Russell461 »

FIRST ANNUAL "LONE STAR MAULE ROUNDUP"

WHEN: May 10-12, 2013
WHERE: Llano, TX Municipal Airport (KAQO) with it’s 3200+’ grass strip.
WHO: All Maule owners and any other aircraft that would like to join in the fun. The more the better.
WHAT: Lots of flying on area grass strips & lake beds, STOL demonstrations, Food, Fun & Fellowship. Lots of pictures & video will be taken so don’t miss out.
COST: $0.00 for the event. We will be taking T-Shirt orders once the design is finalized. We may also have a raffle on Saturday. More to come on this as we get closer. If you would like to donate a raffle item, please PM me. It would be greatly appreciated.
FUEL: KAQO has great prices on fuel and the airport manager “Llano Larry” is super excited we are coming for the weekend. Give him a call if you need any airport assistance. (325) 247-5635

The local Airport Advisory Board and pilots will be hosting a Hamburger Lunch on Saturday for all attendees (nominal charge/plate) as well as providing golf carts to get to the FBO from the camping area. There are 3 courtesy cars at the airport for trips into town or Coopers BBQ.

Several of the DFW Area planes will meet and fly down on Friday so let us know if you would like to meet up with us for the fly-out.

For more information on KAQO: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KAQO

For more information on the attractions of Llano, TX including Lodging, Transportation & Dining:

http://www.llanochamber.org/

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN....so SPREAD THE WORD !!!

Vendors Welcome !!!

Event Planners: Andrew Kudlacek (M5), Charlie Pace (MT-7), Russell Armstrong (M7)

For more information call:

Andrew at (972) 896-8315
Charlie at (817) 602-0999
Russell at (903) 366-8050
Last edited by Russell461 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
70' BAC Jet Provost Mk. 1
39' J3
YouTube Channel: russell461

DirtDobber

Post by DirtDobber »

Awesome! It's on my calendar. Thanks for taking the time and effort to get this going. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Re: First Annual "LONE STAR MAULE ROUNDUP"

Post by AndrewK »

Russell461 wrote:Planning Team: Andrew K, Charlie Pace, Russell A.
Good seeing you guys yesterday and doing some flying. If the Maule Roundup ends up anything like yesterday it's going to be a real good time.

I'll post some pics and vids from yesterday later today.

beaver

Post by beaver »

I'm in :D

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

beaver wrote:I'm in :D

Cool that's a pretty Bird Beaver

Russell461
100+ Posts

MAULE TIME

Post by Russell461 »

A few friends got together this past weekend and had a big day flying around the area ! Special thanks to Charlie & Duke Pace and Ivan Kudlacek for all the video taken from the ground!

Here is a link to the FLICKER link and YOUTUBE link. Enjoy !!!

FLICKER:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/russell461 ... 794573626/

YOUTUBE:

http://youtu.be/VnEQBCMnn9c
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
39' J3

rw2

Post by rw2 »

I'm a long shot, as I'd be coming up from central Mexico, but I'm definitely interested.

Russell461
100+ Posts

Post by Russell461 »

rw2 wrote:I'm a long shot, as I'd be coming up from central Mexico, but I'm definitely interested.
YOU CAN DO IT !!!!! We would love to have you.
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
39' J3

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

rw2 wrote:I'm a long shot, as I'd be coming up from central Mexico, but I'm definitely interested.
Give it your best long shot!