Need help relocating an M6-235 from PA to Kansas

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
kcblade

Need help relocating an M6-235 from PA to Kansas

Post by kcblade »

Looking for someone with M5-235 or M6-235 time (seller's insurance provider wants at least 1,000 total time, 500 tailwheel, 50 make and model) to ferry an M6-235 from a private 1200' turf strip (1 hr north of Baltimore, MD) to KOJC, just south of Kansas City. Seller is available as early as July 6th. A&P/CFI a plus, but not necessary. I'm working my way down the Maule CFI list on this site and backcountrypilot.org, but feel free to let me know if you're interested. It's got an STEC55 autopilot, HSI, Dual MK12E's and a 396/496 mount on the glareshield. Thanks, Steve

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

I have the required time (I own an M-6-235) and am an A&P, but would not be available until after mid-September. I'm guessing you'll find someone else well before then, but if not, feel free to give me a shout.

Andy

Seaplane Maule

Post by Seaplane Maule »

Try Michael Hayes, Merit Aviation in Michigan...I can get you his number but he can be found on barnstormers. He is top notch and fairly priced. He is an airline pilot so you do not have to pay for any travel other than the ferry flight of your aircraft. I have used him and his references were all filled with praise. You won't be disappointed.

Russnrenea

Post by Russnrenea »

Hello Steve,

I meet those time requirements. ATP/CFII, A&P-almost, working on it right now, but been working with my Dad, an AI, for 25 years. Airline pilot with jumpseat privileges. Live in NH. Available sporadically throughout July.

Sent you a PM with more details.

Russell

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

Hi Steve, In case you need it, my lil bro said he might be able to do that. CFI, AP/IA and Maule time since he was almost able to see outta the windshield. :P
Tho, its kinda hard to beat the airline driver deal.

kcblade

Post by kcblade »

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. I've located an "almost local" M5-210 owner/CFI/retired airline pilot that can go get it for me, so pending coordination of his schedule with the seller's, the ferry job should be covered. Hoping to have a pic of an intact M6-235 for my profile pic in a few weeks! Thanks again, Steve

kcblade

Delivered

Post by kcblade »

Got the plane delivered the weekend before last, ended up using Mike Hayes as recommended by a previous poster. He did a fabulous job, so don't hesitate to use him if you need a ferry pilot. Merit Aviation's number is 248-425-3066, website http://www.angelfire.com/planet/meritaviation

Thanks for all of the offers to help. Love my Maule, got the insurance checkride done a couple of days after arrival and having a blast. Steve