King KX155

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

derekpye

King KX155

Post by derekpye »

Hi,

I have a King KX155 Nav/Com Part No. 069-1024-42; Serial No. 30005.

Please can anyone tell me how old the unit is or how I can find out?

I have emailed Bendix King but not received a reply.

Regards

Derek

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

I don't know it's year of manufacture but if it is any help, the first year for the KX155 NavComm was 1982 according to my records.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

derekpye

Post by derekpye »

Thanks Jeremy,

I bought the unit which was advertised as being approximately 6 years old but it looks a lot older!

Can anyone else help?

Thanks

Derek

hatin11r

Post by hatin11r »

Derek....call them,I did but the ser.# you listed was not in the data base.Are you sure that it is #30005? The guy was quite helpful but no cigar.Check your #'s and see if you missed something....Herman.

derekpye

Post by derekpye »

Herman,

Thanks for the reply. I have double checked the Part No. and Serial No and they are both correct as set out in my first posting. The unit is a KX155 (not a KX155A).

I have sent two emails to Bendix King and have not even received an acknowledgement. I have also phoned them twice in the US from the UK but only managed to get through to an answering machine system after waiting about 5 minutes!

I would be grateful if anyone can help

Derek

hatin11r

Post by hatin11r »

Derek......I called 1-800-601-3099 and when asked to enter my account or phone # I put in my cell #.The call was then transfered to a live person,no really!! HA! I gave the guy ( Dan I think) the info. you posted.He said serial # does not exist.Sorry,I tried but no luck.Hope you can get your answer.....H

derekpye

Post by derekpye »

Herman,

Thanks again for the reply.

When I got your reply I suspected that something must be wrong so I had a closer look at the Part #. The "42" portion of the number is on a piece of clear plastic tape which I have now removed only to find that there is no number underneath. So the Part # now reads only 069-1042-.

However, there is also another label on the radio which says 069-01024-0042R-7 99R 13/13

Does this help?

Thanks again

Derek

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Generally when buying older radios it is best to get them with a yellow tag (servicable tag)
It can be bench checked for all functions.
If it does not look too good, the faceplate is usually sun and/or finger damage. A new faceplate can be purchased and easily replaced in case that helps.
If in certain low wing craft with swept windshield it does not take too many years to sun damage the face especially in sunny climes.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

derekpye

Post by derekpye »

Jeremy,

Thanks for the helpful information which I will take up with my local Bendix Kink service depot.

My main reason for my questions about the age of the radio is because I bought it on the understanding that it was six years old in working condition but it looks more like 16 years old (at least)!
Derek

hatin11r

Post by hatin11r »

Derek.....I would give them a call and talk to a customer service rep. and give them any and all info.you have.They may well be able to decipher all the #'s.Good luck.....H