Maule M4 180V?

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Lineflyer

Maule M4 180V?

Post by Lineflyer »

Anybody have any performance specs on the M4 180V? Are they still in production? I don’t see them on the Maule air Inc. web site.

Thanks.

Bill

nd_rice

Post by nd_rice »

I noticed this just the other day. It appears that the new M4 will have baggage doors like the rest of the fleet.

M4 Jetasen II
http://www.mauleairinc.com/jetasen.html

Lineflyer

Post by Lineflyer »

Thanks a bunch! Just what I was looking for.

Bill

BatMaule
100+ Posts

Post by BatMaule »

Bravo on adding a baggage door. Also, love some of the other standard features like grab handles, welded float fittings, baggage tie-downs, EDM 930! Really quite a package for the money. I don't get the two-place configuration, though. What is the logic there, I wonder?
1983 M6-235
The "BatMaule"

Rogue Scholar

m4-180V

Post by Rogue Scholar »

The lack of easy access to the baggage compartment was a big issue for me. It looks like a standard rear passenger door w/o the seats in the back. Will there be an optional MT prop like is available for the MX7-180 these days? Modern composite, blended airfoil props are the way to go. Nest is all we need is electronic ignitions to do away with the mags. How paste'.
I am usually flying solo or with just one passenger so more than two seats is not a big issue with me. I had looked at the previous M4-180V but w/o a baggage door, I just looked away.
I also like the "old timer" look but with with current production methods. The carbon fiber cowling is good but I would hope most composites will find their way in to the Maules. Composite wings?
Rogue Scholar