Air to air videos

This forum section is for videos of your airplane that do not belong in another forum section.
gdflys
100+ Posts

Air to air videos

Post by gdflys »

My daughter shoots lots of air to air video from the back of our Maule. Yesterday we shot one with a Globe Swift and during the shoot he returned the favor and turned a few cameras our way. So I thought I would share for those not on Facebook who may not have seen them.

https://vimeo.com/542896320

If you'd like to take a look at her videos you can check out her air to air youtube channel. Lots of cool airplanes and adding more every week. There's another Maule one there I've shared previously I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8XGkT ... IoA/videos
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

andy
Site Admin

Re: Air to air videos

Post by andy »

Great videos! Wheat kind of seating and harness arrangement do you have in the back when your daughter takes videos?
Andy
1986 MX7-180

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

It varies a bit depending on what she's shooting with. She has a Movi Pro gyro stabilized gimbal she puts the cameras on. That is either clamped directly to the back sling seat cross bars with a half seat so she can get a wider field of view to the aft, or just strap it into the full rear seat. She has also shot hand held with no seat in the back and climbs back and forth from the front seat. She wears a full safety harness with double safety lanyards for her and the cameras if hand held. She has a behind the scenes video when we were shooting a C-195 that shows some of the rig.
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

MobileandMonitoring

Post by MobileandMonitoring »

Really enjoyed seeing the Air to Air Behind the Scenes video. So cool you're a father and daughter team. She has quite the impressive rig. Did I see she uses a playstation controller to control the gimbal? Where are you guys based out of? I'd love to coordinate a shoot.
1982 M-6-235. Social Media and Website

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

MobileandMonitoring wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:33 pm
Really enjoyed seeing the Air to Air Behind the Scenes video. So cool you're a father and daughter team. She has quite the impressive rig. Did I see she uses a playstation controller to control the gimbal? Where are you guys based out of? I'd love to coordinate a shoot.
Yes it is a Playstation controller that connects to a "Mimic" controller which also can control the gimbal when hand held. They have an actual control board which has a lot more functionality but that's another $3000. :shock:

We're based at OXC in Connecticut but fly all over New England. Her gear is relatively mobile so she can travel for the professional gigs she does. She's been wanting to travel back up to Anchorage and do some work up there. That's where I bought the Maule and she came along when we flew it back home.
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA