Maule Auction

IMPORTANT: For private sales only please, no commercial sales. If you want to sell your airplane, please just post a link to a website or barnstormer etc on here. To post a classified item, you NEED to use the format described in the "sticky" (first post), otherwise your posts will be automatically deleted
Flyhound
100+ Posts

Maule Auction

Post by Flyhound »

I don't know anything about this, but the auction popped up in one of my other feeds. I thought it would be good to share it here as well.
https://www.bigiron.com/Lots/1996MauleM ... ldAUbc4mj4
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

andy
Site Admin

Re: Maule Auction

Post by andy »

It's been de-registered. There are no log entries after December 2011 in the attachments. Maybe they didn't upload them. Wonder where it's been since 2011.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

MauleWacko
100+ Posts

Post by MauleWacko »

Who would of ever thought someone would pay 95K for a ten year old sitting lycoming Maule. Curious to see if it works out. Buyer might be in Montana.

Stinger
100+ Posts

Post by Stinger »

I was seriously thinking of putting some bids in and trying to get it. I'm just down the road in Billings and would have probably spent up to 80k to get it. Except I'll be moving in the next couple months and didn't want to deal with anything extra.

MauleWacko
100+ Posts

Post by MauleWacko »

Did you go look at it? I spoke to the owner about it and someone in the area. Our concern was the engine sitting ten years. The bid showed someone in Montana.

Stinger
100+ Posts

Post by Stinger »

Nah, I never did look at it.
It was also posted on a Maule pilots facebook page, and one of the guys that was a mechanic on it said it was a great plane.

flyusn99

Post by flyusn99 »

It went for $95,750. Steal of a price if it was in fact a good engine. Wonder who got it? Anyone.... Bueller.... Bueller....

MauleWacko
100+ Posts

Post by MauleWacko »

If it was flying in annual and no known issues I wouldn't pay that or see how it is worth it. People just have the need to spend more than others.
There was also a M7 in montana for sale for 160K ish that was in a flood I tried to buy some years back. Prices on everything have really changed in the last 15 months.