PMs

This will be the section where you can enter squawks for the forum
Andy Young
100+ Posts

PMs

Post by Andy Young »

Just FYI,

I’ve found that on this new site I don’t get notification of new private messages in my inbox. I just happened to be clicking around and found that I had one sitting there.

andy
Site Admin

Re: PMs

Post by andy »

Ater you login, click Notifications/Settings and check the email box beside "Someone sends you a private message".
Andy
1986 MX7-180

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

I recently increased the number of PMs that you can have in any private mailbox folder from 60 to 100. If you are still having trouble sending or receiving PMs, check the number of PMs in your Sent box and make sure it is less than 100. If not, then move or delete some of them. You won't be able to send a PM unless the Sent box has less than 100. Same with the Inbox except you won't be able to receive a PM unless the Inbox has less than 100.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

FlyBall John

Post by FlyBall John »

I have PMs that seem to get hung up in the outbox and I have no idea how to get them to actually send.

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Check the number of Sent Messages. If it's more than 100, you won't be able to send any more PMs. The solution is to delete the Sent Messages that you don't need to get it down below 100. The message limit applies to all message boxes so keep them all below 100.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

FlyBall John

Post by FlyBall John »

andy wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:03 am
Check the number of Sent Messages. If it's more than 100, you won't be able to send any more PMs. The solution is to delete the Sent Messages that you don't need to get it down below 100. The message limit applies to all message boxes so keep them all below 100.
I only have 10 messages in sent and inbox. Also, I tried to delete them and it gives me an error and won’t let me delete them.

FlyBall John

Post by FlyBall John »

I still can’t delete anything in any mailbox. It will only let me move messages to saved.

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

I can delete everything in your outbox if you want. Move anything that you want to keep and let me know when you're ready.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

FlyBall John

Post by FlyBall John »

andy wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:36 pm
I can delete everything in your outbox if you want. Move anything that you want to keep and let me know when you're ready.
I’m ready but can you just delete the inbox to see if that releases the outbox messages?

FlyBall John

Post by FlyBall John »

FlyBall John wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:12 pm
andy wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:36 pm
I’m ready but can you just delete the inbox to see if that releases the outbox messages?
Did it work?

FlyBall John

Post by FlyBall John »

One message went through but one is still stuck in the outbox

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

I emptied your Outbox. See if it works now.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

FlyBall John

Post by FlyBall John »

One got through a few days ago as I got a reply. I rewrote the other one and it is hung up again unless they stay there until read??

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

The Administrative Control Panel (ACP) gives me three options for your PMs. I can move all your posts, delete all your posts or empty your post outbox. Are you sure that none of your message boxes is over 100? I can't tell from the ACP.

I'd send you a PM instead of posting on this thread but you might not get it.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

Wasn't it determined in an earlier thread that messages appear to stay in the Outbox until the recipient reads them?
I have one in my Outbox from 2013 that I never got a reply since I don't think the user is active anymore. I guess I can delete it now :D

My issue is that I am not getting any email notifications when there are new posts to threads I subscribe to or receive PMs. I checked my settings per one of the BB transition threads and it shows I should be getting notified but no such luck. It is possible other recipients aren't getting notified either and if they aren't regular users or aren't signed in when they visit the forum they probably don't know they have a new PM waiting for them.