WTB M4 Flap Handle

IMPORTANT: For private sales only please, no commercial sales. If you want to sell your airplane, please just post a link to a website or barnstormer etc on here. To post a classified item, you NEED to use the format described in the "sticky" (first post), otherwise your posts will be automatically deleted
vern

WTB M4 Flap Handle

Post by vern »

During landing practice today my M4 straight flap handle broke, sheared off close to bottom of shaft where rigid wire from thumb release comes out of notch at front of tube shaft.

I was thinking that some of you guys who have upgraded to the more recent angled shaft (or EasyFlap conversion) might still have the original straight handle hanging around in your spare parts bin? And be willing to part with it?

I guess I could order one from the factory, but they are closed right now (weekend) and who know how long it might take to get a replacement. Are these even in stock?

I assume all Maule flap handles are interchangeable? I understand that flap actuators higher in the fuselage & wings are different with later models (M-6 & above). Pleas advise if this is in error. Thanks, Vern

Mog
100+ Posts

Re: WTB M4 Flap Handle

Post by Mog »

Maule should have one in stock and they are cheap.

Goomba

Post by Goomba »

I have one I believe if you’re unable to get one from Maule.
"Bucket lists RULE!"
1972 M4-220C

vern

Post by vern »

Goomba wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:28 am
I have one I believe if you’re unable to get one from Maule.
Thanks for the response. All the factory has available is the bent handle. I did not see your post until this afternoon, after I had placed an order. Assuming yours is the original straight shaft, I will keep your contact info handy in case the bent handle does not fly right for me.

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

Vern, I will gladly swap you handles if you want. Mine goes down for annual this month so it will be apart.