New boost pump

IMPORTANT: For private sales only please, no commercial sales. If you want to sell your airplane, please just post a link to a website or barnstormer etc on here. To post a classified item, you NEED to use the format described in the "sticky" (first post), otherwise your posts will be automatically deleted
VA Maule
100+ Posts

New boost pump

Post by VA Maule »

I’ve got a brand spanking new never installed CJ Aviation ( McFarland) fuel boost pump part #4140-00-15CJ ,it28 volts 3 amps 35GPH minimum at 23 PSI 30 PSI maximum no flow pressure . Ordered from Aircraft Spruce intending to get the the 12/14 volt low 4.5 PSI version for the carburetor engine and got this very wrong one for my application AND SPRUCE REFUSED TO TAKE IT BACK .

According to the eligibility paperwork Spruce has on their website and their technical support guy what I was ordering was the correct cross over for the former Dukes pump that McFarland bought the PMA for. Nevertheless even with their technical support confirmed which one crossed over for my existing pump they won’t take it back or exchange it ( not a very big fan of Aircraft Spruce right now) {little venting I can’t help it sorry} :evil:

So if any of y’all fuel injected folks are in need of a new / spare boost pump, Spruce got me for $925 I’ll send it to you for $800 I’ll even cover cheep shipping to the lower 48
The best Government, is less Government.

yanknbank

Re: New boost pump

Post by yanknbank »

Get in touch with the manufacturer. If it were a Dukes pump, you could send it to Wisconsin and they'll change the internal springs to the proper psi. I'm sure McFarland or whoever makes it now will do that too.