What did you sell or buy your Maule for (within the last year or so)?

IMPORTANT: For private sales only please, no commercial sales. If you want to sell your airplane, please just post a link to a website or barnstormer etc on here. To post a classified item, you NEED to use the format described in the "sticky" (first post), otherwise your posts will be automatically deleted
Christine
Site Admin

What did you sell or buy your Maule for (within the last year or so)?

Post by Christine »

Hi gang, my friend decided to sell her Trigear Maule
Did any of you buy or sell or know of a Trigear O360 fixed pitch Maule recently being sold? Prices for Tailwheel are ok as well for my data compilation.

Her's is a 1996 Maule MXT7-180A, 350hr SMOH, IFR, Patroller doors + more
Hers has nice upgrades and the engine was overhauled 3-4yrs ago, it's in great condition.
Looking to find realistic prices for these days.

What did you sell or buy your airplane for?
Looking for a basic few numbers.

Model, Year, engine, prop, hours, condition (and if you feel like it: equipment), and most importantly price sold at
Thank you
Christine
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org

norcal64d
100+ Posts

Re: What did you sell or buy your Maule for (within the last year or so)?

Post by norcal64d »

Mine is currently on the market, with a sales agreement and pending prebuy so I will update my observations more when I sell it.

I recorded all the listings for 180HP maules (tail draggers in my case) I could find online on a spreadsheet since about November to get an idea of what listings were out there and used that to come up with my asking price.

There is an MXT-7-180 for sale in Arizona right now that was listed for 85K but has sat on the market for awhile and is now listed for 75K. It sat for years though and had the wings taken off and shipped back from Hawaii so its safe to say, its got a checkered past.

Judging from how many Maules just hit the market on Barnstormers, I think the prices maybe will be lower this summer than last but there are never many trike Maules for sale.

Edited to add: the current planes on the market kind of set the prices so I'd suggest she take a close look at the current listings and see where her plane lands in the spread.
Tim
1991 MX-7-180

Billyd

Post by Billyd »

We purchased a 2001 MXT-7-180 in Jan. of this year. It was in very good condition with a C/S prop. It had Patroller doors,4 tanks totaling 83Gal. . Engine and Prop time was around 1000Hrs.It came with an S-Tec 20 A/P, Avidyne 440, ADSB in and out and IFR certified. Paint and fabric were in very good condition with V/G's. No damage history. Performance is as good as the T/W. You lose a couple of KTS due to the nose wheel.We paid around 175K. Hope this helps.

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Thank you both for sharing. I forwarded it to my friend
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org