Order Bolt-on Shoulder Harness Bracket for M-4?

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
James

Order Bolt-on Shoulder Harness Bracket for M-4?

Post by James »

Hello,
Can someone steer me in the right direction to order the bolt-on shoulder harness bracket for a 73 M4? I plan on going with an inertia lock on the left side only, and fixed four point on the right seat. Flying with just the stock lap belts into unimproved strips makes me a little nervous.

Thanks in advance!

James
Spokane
jamespblack2003@yahoo.com

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I bought some of the brackets from Maule but have found they will not easily work with my application. I am in the process of modifying them. I'll post up when I get them finished.

James

Thanks crbnunit

Post by James »

Thanks crbnunit,
How much does the bolt in bracket cost? I called the Maule parts dept. and left a message. A friend suggested buying the seatbelts & shoulder harness from Cub Crafters in nearby Yakima, WA. Maybe Spruce and Chief are options too.

Thanks again,

James

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Seems like the brackets were $114 for the set of two. I'm using the Amsafe harnesses. Basically the same used by Cub Crafters. The reel and bracket add more weight than I like but it is nice to be able to reach the flap handle without having to loosen and then retighten the harness.

James

Installation Instructions for Bolt-on Shoulder Harness Mount

Post by James »

Hello,
I'd like to buy a set of shoulder harness mounts from another maulepilot.org member for my M4. However, he does not have any installation instructions, and said none came from Maule. Does anyone have these installation instructions, or pictures?
I have a A & P that can install them for me. Hopefully they won't require Major Alteration paper work. It looks like it would be impossible to weld with the fabric and headliner attached, so I need the bolt-on version.
Any information would be greatly appreciated!

James
Spokane

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

James,

I'm sitting here having a cold one with Bryan, Just send him an email tomorrow at Bryan@mauleairinc.com and he will send you the prints in pdf format.

Duane Knauff QA

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

James,
Get rid of that fiberglass insulation as fast as you possibly can. It holds moisture, a lot of moisture! It will cause a major issue with corrosion and weight. Iv'e taken all of mine out a number of years ago and may someday replace it but I can't really tell it's gone even down to -20*.
Kurt
Live it like its your last day.

TomD
100+ Posts

Insulation

Post by TomD »

Ditto "YellowMaule" Get rid of the sponge that passes as insulation.

I was in Moultrie a few years back and a Caribbean floatplane owner was having a new bird built with explicit instructions to remove the fiberglass insulation since the last bird was very badly corroded from the moisture held by the fluff.

My M5 had some significant problems due to the insulation holding water. There are some non approved substitutes and maybe some approved ones.

TD

plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I have a set, left and right. Bolt in for my M4. I just need to get it to my mechanic for installation. Bought from Maule, kinda spendy but worth it if you really need them.

James

Installation Complete

Post by James »

Hello Maule Pilots,
Thanks for the information and advise on the bolt-on shoulder harness brackets. They were a lot of work, but I'm glad they are in, and I hope I never have to use them for their intended purpose.

James
Spokane