Maule Mods list

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
curtnkari

Maule Mods list

Post by curtnkari »

Hello,
I'm reading of MODs for Maules but my search has gone stale. I'm interested in the Mod 63 IO-540 235HP to 260HP. This is for an MX-7-235. Maule made M-7-260s but not MX-7-260 airplanes. Also curious to read about the other Mods Maule gas approved. Thank you

Kirk
100+ Posts

Re: Maule Mods list

Post by Kirk »

Not sure what your question is about Mod 63… it pertains to what you want to do. Next step would be to call Maule and request the drawings and discuss what accessories or components would have to be changed.

Alternatively, call Maule Flight since they could do all the work and may have already done it.

Full list of mod kits is on the Mauleairinc.com website under ‘Support’ tab:

https://fdb41ebf-dcb9-418b-8328-810edcf ... ee1cb2.pdf

Kirk

curtnkari

Post by curtnkari »

Thank you Kirk. That link is exactly what I've been looking for.

asa
100+ Posts

Post by asa »

Once you decide you actually want the mod, you have to contact Maule (Shirley normally) and buy the paperwork for the mod that makes it approved. You can’t just reference the mod kit index, there’s a paperwork and instructions packet provided by maule that is FAA approved.

By the way, the -260 requires a 5th engine mount point in the fuselage, it’s not just a change to the engine at overhaul time. Best done when the airframe is stripped, no firewall, etc.

curtnkari

Post by curtnkari »

asa wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:19 am
Once you decide you actually want the mod, you have to contact Maule (Shirley normally) and buy the paperwork for the mod that makes it approved. You can’t just reference the mod kit index, there’s a paperwork and instructions packet provided by maule that is FAA approved.

By the way, the -260 requires a 5th engine mount point in the fuselage, it’s not just a change to the engine at overhaul time. Best done when the airframe is stripped, no firewall, etc.
Thank you. The fuselage is stripped. It also needs a right wing. I'm interested in Kit 57:
MX-7-235 modified by replacing existing Wing Assemblies and Rudder with longer 2140X-49/-53/-49/-56 M-7A Wing Assemblies and larger
3212F-30 Rudder.

Know of any wings for sale?