beringer

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
ZS_MX7

beringer

Post by ZS_MX7 »

Hi All,

Is there a field approval for 6” or 10” Beringer wheels and brakes?
I’d like to fit 10” wheels with 29” Air hawks to my MX7.

If anyone has any advise or insight, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Re: beringer

Post by CaseyM »

You are probably already aware, but at the moment, there is no STC for Beringer wheels on Maule aircraft. However, Beringer is working on it at the moment. They are working to get them approved for installation on New Maules Type Certificate and that will segway into STC for existing aircraft. It may take a little bit of time, but that's the plan as it has been explained to me. Beringer already has wheels approved for certified aircraft (Cirrus) so it isn't like they are trying to get the first PMA approval. They just need to get Maules added to the AML (Approved aircraft list).

To answer your question, I am not aware of any completed field approvals in the USA for Beringers on a Maule, but there may be some out there. That is currently what it would take to be able to install them.

I don't know if that info will help you make the decision on to pursue or not. Thought I'd share
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

ZS_MX7

Post by ZS_MX7 »

Thanks Casey,

Let’s hope they come right soon. It looks like a great product.

ZS_MX7

Post by ZS_MX7 »

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of any development on a Beringer STC for Maule yet?

norcal64d
100+ Posts

Post by norcal64d »

I have no idea in an STC but what’s the appeal to putting those on? I worked on a Circus with them and there are a ton of little hex screws to take out and potentially lose if you want to try to get the wheel off in the field. Cleveland’s don’t look pretty but they are sure quick and easy to take apart.
Tim
1991 MX-7-180