Bolt on fuselage fittings Baumann 2720s

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
mbaileyiajet

Bolt on fuselage fittings Baumann 2720s

Post by mbaileyiajet »

Hello all, I am looking for a set of bolt-on fuselage fittings for Baumann 2720 floats. Am I out of luck and need to cut and weld on fittings?

TomT

Re: Bolt on fuselage fittings Baumann 2720s

Post by TomT »

I have a set of bolt on fuselage float fitting for Baumann 2720s. Before I let go of them, I need the Baumann 2720 part that attaches the rear float strut to the weld in Maule float fitting.

I am rebuilding my M7-235B and added the weld in rear float fittings. Part of the Maule weld in float fitting system is a bolted on bracket outside of the fuselage fabric, a Maule part. I need the Baumann part that attaches the float strut to the Maule bracket. Once I have those, (1ea. L&R) I won’t need the Baumann bolt on float fittings. Any chance you found Baumann fittings for the Maule weld in system? I’ll buy or trade for them.
Thanks!

mbaileyiajet

Post by mbaileyiajet »

Sent you a private message

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I have bolt on fittings for the Fleet floats. Don't know if they are the same. I also have a water rudder or whatever it is called... (fin that bolts on the bottom of the fuselage under the tail) if anyone is interested.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

mbaileyiajet

Post by mbaileyiajet »

I am unfamiliar with Fleet floats... can you educate me?

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Canadian firm. Now defunct. Fiberglass. I'll try and post some photos if I can dig them out. I can't imagine the mounts aren't somewhat universal... but I know little about floats!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!