Kick panel?

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
FARMAULE
100+ Posts

Kick panel?

Post by FARMAULE »

My kick panels are somewhat worn so I ordered the newer style straight panels and associated hardware kits from Maule. I’m curious if anyone with the newer setup could take a few pics of how they mount or give a brief description. For anyone who has switched from the old Maule fuel selector to the new andair, is the location the same in terms of where it comes through the kick panel?Also, wanted to give Maule parts a shoutout. They get some bad press sometimes but they were on top of all my questions and were very fast at shipping my order. Specifically Duane and Kasey.

krautman67

Re: Kick panel?

Post by krautman67 »

Hi Farmaule,

My M5 Kickplates are the old curved style. I am putting in new floorboards. When that’s done I will modify the kickplates to mount more towards a right angle to the floorboards, no carpet.
I agree 100% with your comments. I am ordering many different items as I go along in my upgrades over this winter. Kasey and Duane and Dave and a few others are always helpful and take the time to answer and provide advice on any issue, and all the dumb questions I come up with. Outstanding support and service.

Carl
1976 M5-235C

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

The newer fuel valve went in the same place on my kick panel. The newer kick panels are a lot easier to install and remove and they give your feet a bit more room. I find that Maule Parts is great to work with. Very responsive.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

Dito on the Maule Air parts service! Kacey, David, & Duane have been very helpful and informative. They did me the courtesy of answering all of my stupid questions with out laughing out loud (at least while I was on the phone :oops: ). I could not ask for better service, from nicer people.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living" Author unknown.