Super Skylight: Try to talk me into it.

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
HeavyLoad
100+ Posts

Re: Super Skylight: Try to talk me into it.

Post by HeavyLoad »

Whats the price/time to install difference between 1/2 skylight and full skylight?
===========
M5-210C
RV6

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

If you are going to fit a skylight, fit the bigger one. Not much more time to do once you are doing it.Time to do it is directly related to the doer.
The larger one gets a retracting roller blind plus the headliner stops at rear of skylight and side pieces go from there to the elephant ears at the windshield/leading edge. They are quick remove which enables full access to wing root, fuel lines, fuel sender, etc etc
mauleairinc.com can give you a kit price, or fabricate it using maule drawing and get it 337'd
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

Jeremy,

Would you actually need a 337 if doing it according to the Maule drawing? My understanding has always been that if you are following a factory drawing, it’s just a logbook entry.

I really appreciate everyone’s replies and thoughts (I posted the original question). In the end, I decided to not go with a skylight. I went into this thinking I probably didn’t want one, and after all the discussion, my preference remains the same. Was really useful to go through the discussion though, to ensure I knew what I wanted.