Where to Buy AMSAFE Shoulder Harness??

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
Aerobatix

Where to Buy AMSAFE Shoulder Harness??

Post by Aerobatix »

At Sun-N-Fun I saw a Maule with the shoulder harness retractor that I want to install as a replacement in my MX7-160. This is an AMSAFE retractor and it has a slotted retractor guide that prevents the belt from twisting as it retracts.

The twisting is what causes my current belt retractor to be basically USELESS since the belt twists and then jambs the retractor before the belt ever gets tight.

Where can I buy the AMSAFE belts? I have the part number from a photo I took but I have NOT been able to find anything online. Help!!

Amsafe P/N 503100-421
Conforms to FAA TSO C114

I want to install these belts before leaving for OSHKOSH.

Thanks!

Rob

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Maule now installs the retractable type with fairlead so it does not twist and jam.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Aerobatix

Post by Aerobatix »

Jeremy,

Where can I buy these belts?

I know that Maule will be the most expensive source for the parts and I simply want to find out where to buy them so I can install them.

I checked with Aircraft Spruce and did a Google search but can't find a source. I'd like to order them today since I am hoping to leave for OSHKOSH next Saturday.

Thanks!

Rob

Aerobatix

Post by Aerobatix »

Just got off the phone with Bryan at Maule Air Inc. They have them in stock but the price is $487 per seat belt. I was hoping for less than $200 per seat.

Anyone know where I can buy Amsafe belts?

I'm calling Amsafe directly next.....

beaver

Post by beaver »

I ordered the 4 pt from Maule directly with the plane, REALLY NICE, added a 5th point to the system after consultation with Amsafe and Maule, Amsafe required the order be placed directly with Maule, I'd say stick with Maule for the system and parts, really nice stuff, not your typical system, worth the extra price.

Aerobatix

Post by Aerobatix »

Called Amsafe and they said they could sell directly to me and the price is $235. I need to measure the total length of my belts first.

The only problem is that they will take about 4 weeks to be manufactured before they can ship as the buckles were not in stock.

That's a big price difference from Maule. I have no problem with someone making a profit but more than double is too much for me!

Guess I'll be waiting till after the OSHKOSH trip to replace the belts.

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

It does seem like to much profit. However, I marked up 200 to 300% percent just to stay in biz when I had a shop. If Maule could sell 20 sets a month things would be different.
It cost a lot of money to stay in biz now a day's. It's also nice that you have a choice to purchase from anywhere you choose. I have purchased parts from Maule only to save time and have a receipt that I can place in the log book. This sometimes increases the value at the time of a sale.

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

I found the Maule markup excessive and purchased Amsafe from cubcrafters for about half the price as well. Cubcrafters sells the Amsafe shoulder harness with the retractors and all belts- I believe I bought the short lap belts. You would have to talk to them to have them order the single shoulder strap PCN as original equipment replacement though?
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.