Mogas STC fuel pump change

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
Hobohiker

Mogas STC fuel pump change

Post by Hobohiker »

Has anyone installed the auto gas stc from Maule Inc (the Peterson stc) for the sole purpose of utilizing a different electric fuel pump. The Dukes pump on my plane is ready for an overhaul and the cost to overhaul is the same as the auto gas Stc which comes with all the necessary parts including a different fuel pump. I’m not saying I want or need to burn auto gas, I’m just wondering if this is a viable way to get out of having to drop $1000+ on overhauling a pump every 10 years, or am I asking for other trouble with the different pump setup?

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

Is the $1000+ cost from Dukes? We use exclusively from CJ Aviation out of Miami. They are an exact copy of the Dukes and more reasonable in cost and turn around time for overhaul. These are on our TCDS and would only be a logbook signoff.

Hobohiker

Post by Hobohiker »

I’ll look into CJAviation. The cost for an overhaul exchange on this dukes 1184-00-3 is in the neighborhood of $1050 right now, that’s in the same ballpark as the Autogas Stc which is what made me look at it to begin with. If CJ aviation has one that’s cheaper, that’s a good option.