New GPS

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
andy
Site Admin

New GPS

Post by andy »

Here's a photo of my new Garmin GTN650 and GI106B installation. The missing digits in the KX155 display and the stripe in the Appareo ESG display are due to the iPhone camera shutter speed not a problem with the equipment. The JPI EDM800 engine analyzer is interfaced with the GTN650 to provide fuel quantity, fuel burn and fuel remaining. The GTN650 tells the EDM800 how long it is to the next waypoint and the EDM800 displays if you have enough fuel to get there. As part of the installation I also had the avionics shop replace the Appareo ESG two piece RG-58 coax with a single piece of RG-400 to maximize the transmitted and received ADS-B signal.

I'm thinking that the next upgrade will be to replace the KMA24 audio panel and SPA-400 intercom with a Garmin GMA350 audio panel.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

StuporRocket
100+ Posts

Post by StuporRocket »

I'd give some serious consideration to the PS Engineering Audio panels. They may even make them for Garmin. Far superior (I think) in performance and competitive in price. There may even be a plug-n-play swap for the existing King KMA24.
Scott@Oglesby.org

"Don't follow me. You won't make it."
PA-12-150
M-7-235