Cowl Flaps

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
jdsmaule

Cowl Flaps

Post by jdsmaule »

Does anyone have any documents (STC, field approval, 337) for installing cowl flaps? Been thinking about doing this on my M-6 but before approaching local FSDO wanted to see if I could get a hold of any previous approvals. I had found on this forum some talk of cowl flaps and have reached out to those individuals but messages are stuck in outbox for some reason.

Thanks!
Jeremy S.
1983 M-6-235

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Seems like I had a drawing for one at one time. It was just a cable controlled flapper that closed off the tunnel on the bottom of the cowl. I didn't see it when I was cleaning off my old hard drive but I'll keep an eye out.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

freedom
100+ Posts

Post by freedom »

I struggled as well to find some info on this due to certification requirements I suspect there are not many maules with cowl flaps, tho there are some.
Being very similar in type design and engine setup, I found this to be a very popular choice on the bearhawk with 540s engine installed.
I managed to get in touch with a guy in NZ, who made a very clean installation and very replicable on the Maules too.

If you PM you email will forward all the material I found.

jdsmaule

Post by jdsmaule »

PM sent, thank you!
Jeremy S.
1983 M-6-235