senesenich prop spinner

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
MX7-180A

senesenich prop spinner

Post by MX7-180A »

Gauging interest among the group for a cost effective STC metal spinner assy for the fixed pitch sensenich crowd.
Initial target price for complete STC assy. is $1500 depending on number of members interested.

montana maule
100+ Posts

Post by montana maule »

If you fly the fixed pitch 160 hp or 180 hp it is only a matter of time until bulkheads crack. If you can get an STC that costs around $1500.00 I think you could fill a market need. You could also offer it to the factory and they would be able to produce the fixed pitch models again.

MX7-180A

Post by MX7-180A »

If I get enough interest to make it worth the long expensive bureaucratic process it is a project I'd like to take on.

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

Not too long ago I had the dreaded spinner crack and found the original supplier to Sensenich for the spinner and it's bulkheads. Very accommodating fellow who still had some new old stock that he graciously shiped me the parts I needed. I forwarded his contract information to Maule since he shired with me that he could and would run batches for Maule. So this issue is currently in Maule's power to resolve,I did a considerable amount of research on how they could provide support for our orphaned ( by Sensenich) prop / spinner sets. To date Maule has not stepped up to the plate to resolve this problem.
The best Government, is less Government.

22Tango

Post by 22Tango »

I may be interested if mine cracks again. I had a new bulkhead built. Maule factory and Sensenich could not help. Neither could provide drawings of the bulkhead.

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

montana maule wrote:If you fly the fixed pitch 160 hp or 180 hp it is only a matter of time until bulkheads crack. If you can get an STC that costs around $1500.00 I think you could fill a market need. You could also offer it to the factory and they would be able to produce the fixed pitch models again.
Is that why they dropped the -A 180HP models??
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843