Carbon Fiber Floor. anyone interested?

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
albertochapa

Carbon Fiber Floor. anyone interested?

Post by albertochapa »

Is any one interested on replacing the original floor for a better looking, lighter and that will last for a long time?

We have developed Cad drawings for the Maule M7´s floor, so now we can laser cut as many as you want.

Why we did it? I co founded a company that developed and now manufactures a track day car called Vuhl 05 ( www.vuhl05.com ) the body of this car is all carbon fiber. So we invested some engineering time on developing the floor and now we are glad to tell you Maule owners we can produce them.

I don't know how to attach pictures, please contact me via email and I can send some
ac@etxe.com.mx
thank you
Alberto
[/img]

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

Concern was brought to my attention about carbon floors. Not saying I wouldn’t buy one, but the fumes from a fire could be a problem. Also would be concerned about shredded carbon in an accident. I know I would rather a wood splinter over a carbon splinter any day of the week.

That said, the fire concern was brought up by a particularly safety conscious pilot and may be less than realistic. He just brought up the point that smoldering carbon resin might not be the most fun way to die while pinned in a mangled airplane waiting for extraction.

albertochapa

Fire issues

Post by albertochapa »

We actually used a fire retardant resin to cure the carbon fiber. Same resin that is used on other planes. We are currently manufacturing some carbon fiber parts for the cabin of the icon a5.
The resin used and carbon used to build the floor breakes just like f1 cars. It won’t make splinters

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

Sounds interesting, need some modeled for the M4 and I would be game depending on price.

albertochapa

Post by albertochapa »

Currently we have only developed the floor of the M7 model. To develop the M4 floor we would need the current floor and pay for the development of it.
If we could get a couple of M4 owners interested on a carbon fiber floor, the cost of developing it won’t be as expensive

TxAgfisher
100+ Posts

Post by TxAgfisher »

Is this something that would require a PMA/STC or the simple version of the 337 with just an A&P/IA sign off?
TJ Van Matre

albertochapa

Post by albertochapa »

I’m not sure what kind of documentation or certification is needed, but if you need any technical documentation in order to install it or go through a FAA process, we could help with the technical info.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Pricing ?

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

What is the final weight?
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

Another M-4 owner interested in a set of carbon fiber floor boards.

vern

Post by vern »

What are the dimensional differences in cockpits between M4, M7 ? Would they not be the same, at least from firewall to back of 2nd row seats? Dwayne?

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

We have several approved installations on Maules M4,5,6,and 7 along with the CF Wingtips. Weight savings are weight of one wing tip and 15+ pounds out of the floors. We put them in the BCC Edition M7 that went to AK for Issac. Not trying to hijack the thread just giving info.

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

Wup, how and where would one get these carbon floors you are talking about?

MauleEnvy

Post by MauleEnvy »

Mog wrote:Wup, how and where would one get these carbon floors you are talking about?
http://www.carbonconceptsak.com

He also has a CF glareshield replacement for Maules.
Mike
1985 M5-180C

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

MauleEnvy wrote:
Mog wrote:Wup, how and where would one get these carbon floors you are talking about?
http://www.carbonconceptsak.com

He also has a CF glareshield replacement for Maules.
Yes, that is correct. You can order directly from me or tell Him I sent you.