MX7-180A prop options

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
Kiwi

MX7-180A prop options

Post by Kiwi »

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any field approvals or STC to install a Mac 1A200 ‘borer’ or Sensenich w80CM8 wood prop on an MX7-180A?

Looking at alternates to the standard Sensenich 76/56.

Cheers,
Andy

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Aero 101, on here had a different prop that made a world of difference but I don't know make and model.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, you are correct. I had been in contact with Jim and he said the 1A200 made a big difference but unfortunately no longer has the plane so I'm unsure how to get my hands on the 337.

Cheers
Andy

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

Burl’s Aircraft currently has an STC for this prop on the Aeronca Sedan 180hp conversion. When it comes time for me to make an upgrade, I think I’ll start there and see where it takes me.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Kiwi, I believe that Maule is or was based at Chena Marina in Fairbanks also where Jim kept it.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Thread bump

Has anyone got any more info or a 337 for installing a Mac 1A200 on an MX7-180A? There is currently one for sale in AK with that prop.

Andy

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

If you know the N number of the one for sale and a 337 was completed properly then it is a piece of cake.

I would never buy an airplane without first going on the FAA website and buying a records CD. Usually comes in a week. This service has been available for a long time. Before CDs they sent you a microfiche.

CD cost $10 at this website: https://aircraft.faa.gov/e.gov/ND/

On that CD there will be two files. One is for registrations and the other is for maintenance. If the 337 was filed with OKC as it should have been then it will be in the maintenance file. Now, how easy is that?

It's also a handy tool for replacing missing 337s for your own airplane which was executed before you owned it.

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

Kiwi wrote:Thread bump

Has anyone got any more info or a 337 for installing a Mac 1A200 on an MX7-180A? There is currently one for sale in AK with that prop.

Andy
Andy-

N3110Y is one Jim's was another and one more here in Washington. shoot me your email Ill forward you mine

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Hey Wup,

Thanks, andrewcraig.nz@gmail.com

Your old MX7 is going well down here!

Andy

montana maule
100+ Posts

Post by montana maule »

Along those lines. Sensenich is working on an STC for their composite ground adjustable prop for Super Cubs. After that is done I'm trying to convince them to work on a Maule STC. Would anyone else be interested? It would also come with a spinner and would be a way to alleviate the problem of what to do about the bulkhead cracking problem on current aircraft.

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

montana maule wrote:Along those lines. Sensenich is working on an STC for their composite ground adjustable prop for Super Cubs. After that is done I'm trying to convince them to work on a Maule STC. Would anyone else be interested? It would also come with a spinner and would be a way to alleviate the problem of what to do about the bulkhead cracking problem on current aircraft.
Spoke to them as well, their response was the factory would have to show some interest and help with the certification as the aircraft is still in production. The factory seems to have no interest in improvements that cause them to put some skin in the game.

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

Kiwi wrote:Hey Wup,

Thanks, andrewcraig.nz@gmail.com

Your old MX7 is going well down here!

Andy
Good to Hear, sent you 337 and flight supplement hope it helps!!