Oregon Aero Seats

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
Mog
100+ Posts

Oregon Aero Seats

Post by Mog »

TxAgfisher
100+ Posts

Post by TxAgfisher »

I don't know man, not quite a plush looking as the crushed velvet you had in there!
TJ Van Matre

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

Well, after putting these in I’m wishing I had the old crushed velvet. The bottom cushion is perfect, but the back cushion is thicker than what I had and I don’t fit in plane now without removing back cushion. I have an email in to Oregon Aero to have them make a super thin back cushion. Reality is that I’m just to big for a Maule.

Anyone ever modify the seat rails on a Maule to get the seat back farther.

TxAgfisher
100+ Posts

Post by TxAgfisher »

On my first Maule the seat frame was modified and reclined back a little bit, with the seat all the way forward it was perfect for me.
TJ Van Matre

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

If I didn’t have femurs the size of a giraffe I would love my new seats. I will make them work somehow. Oregon Aero said previously that they will mod the foam as needed if needed. So... that’s my first approach, then modding the seat mounts will be next.

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Post by CaseyM »

HOLY HANNAH those look really nice!

Did you have the rear seat done also?

If its not too intrusive of a question, how many AMU's is that to get done
? (ballpark)
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

HeavyLoad
100+ Posts

Post by HeavyLoad »

looks nice! I was thinking of having them do my seats also.

Steelroamer
100+ Posts

Post by Steelroamer »

That is a really great idea. thanks for showing us those, I'm going to follow up with them.

Roamer
There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

Wow, That's really some nice work. The removable cushion design, with the ability to make different thickness cushions is such a great idea. I wish that I was aware of it when I had my seats redone. Hopefully a cushion change is all you will need to make them work for you. Ed

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

So I have not done the rear seat yet but plan to. I was not sure I was ready to part with all of my AMU’s. The front seats are about $750 AMU’s each. You can choose from any combination of materials or colors etc. Be prepared to part with your seats for no less than 1 month.

I am contemplating building a removable bracket to extend the pilot seat only. But we will see.

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

Alright, here is a partial PIREP. The seats are far more comfortable than my old stock seat which was worn out beyond any reasonable limit. I also find that the seats are better than good condition stock seats because the cushions are form but supportive and don’t feel like you are sitting on an airbag. Sadly though as stated before I am having to remove the back cushion to fit in the plane. Also, today I flew with my instructor for a BFR and we quickly discovered that even he needed the back cushion removed. He is not a terribly large man and could be described as fairly average size to slightly larger. So, the seats must be redone. I’m thinking a 1â€￾ foam is about all you want on the back cushion.

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

+1 on Oregon Aero seats

I had my seats done by OA in 2002 and they had stood up to time and use very well.

Being somewhat vertically challenged I added a 1.5" removable cushion about the same time I went from 7.00 to 8.50 tires (tyres to you Jeremy).

Great product as far as I am concerned.

TD

Jayson v Schalkwyk
100+ Posts

Post by Jayson v Schalkwyk »

Do you HAVE to send you seat to them? It's not really feasible for international customers. Do they perhaps make new upholstery to recover the old seats? I wouldn't be against removing my "bordello red" interior.

Doesn't Maule Inc provide material for refurbished interiors?
1983 M6-235C

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

You kind of have to send them your seats. Maule can help to a degree, but they can be a bit of a road block as well. I’m sure a local upholstery shop can do it for a fraction of the price, just might not have the same quality materials, namely foam. But that said, I’m not 100% sure you will know the difference at the end of the day.

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

Jay;

I would drop them a note: customerservice@oregonaero.com Since they have done a fair number of Maule seats they may be amenable to shipping components for customer install. Long shot but worth a try.

TD