Dual Wing Lights

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Dual Wing Lights

Post by Hale-Yes »

I found this Maule drawing on the CD that Brian at Maule Air sent me. My A&P believes that if we follow this drawing to the letter, we can add the duel lights with just a log book notation that "it was done as per Maule Drawing #9030E Rev F" What do think ? This is the first post that I am attempting to attach photos to so here goes. Please note the diagonal wording that reads " Install at Wings STA's 129'15/16" +/- 1/4" (& 121 7/16 +/- 1/4" for Dual) for M5, MX7 series & at STA' 133 +/- 1/4 " (& 123 +/- 1/4" for Dual) for M6, M7 series. It's pretty obvious that the Dual that this drawing is referring to is (2) two lights in each wing. https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1 ... YONrAqzHlZ https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1 ... h7SyDSjB0j

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Google sucks. It doesn't recognize the password and won't let me reset it... Post photo directly?
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

I was afraid of that. It took me a half an hour to post the Google attachment ! I will try to figure out how to post a picture directly, or get my youngest to help :roll:

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

I am not having any luck posting a picture directly, does anyone have remedial directions ?

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Think you'll find that is one light per wing. Perhaps different location if you are using single or dual.

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Post by CaseyM »

Go to IMGUR and start an account. Once you get your username and password, Login and on the home screen you should see this

If you've done all that correctly, The image should show up in your post.[/quote]
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

And if you’re a Flickr user, they have a similar feature as well.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

Thank you all for the photo posting help. I don't think that the Maule drawing is referring to a single light per wing in different location's depending on whether or not you have one light or two. I'll give Maule a call and see if I can get some clarity on this drawing. Regards, Ed Hale

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

What Casey said.

Once Photobucket lost their marketing minds I abandoned it. Too bad since it was an easy site to post from. Imgur is now my go to and is every bit as easy once you find the correct buttons.

http://maulepilots.org/forums/viewtopic ... ight=imgur is the original thread

TD

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Post by CaseyM »

Hale-Yes wrote:Thank you all for the photo posting help. I'll give Maule a call and see if I can get some clarity on this drawing.
You're welcome. Glad to help.

I'd try to get Kit at Maule Flight on the phone. I think he would be able to shed some light. (pun intended)
Chris in Milwaukee wrote:And if you’re a Flickr user, they have a similar feature as well.
Yep, Flickr works well also
TomD wrote:What Casey said.

Once Photobucket lost their marketing minds I abandoned it.
What Photobucket did was pretty dirty. I also think they screwed up.
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Yea, Photobucket is dead as far as I'm concerned.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Here's the drawing in question:

Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

Does that drawing allude to the use of a "dual" lamp version? Why yes, yes it does.
I can't remember if I fired six shots, or only five.....

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

Chris, thank you for posting the drawing. I will get this picture posting figured out yet. Ever since I got my Maule parts CD, I have enjoyed studying all the Maule drawings, especially the optional equipment drawings. It's a wealth of information on many of the modifications that the factory has done over the years and you can find some gems like the dual wing lights. Ed Hale

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

My pleasure. I do that, too. :)

“I can do this, and I can do this, and I can do this...â€￾

I saw a photo of duallies on both wings of a plane recently, and I thought how cool it looked. And now this gem appears!
Last edited by Chris in Milwaukee on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A