IFR cert and ADSB

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Garmin transponder is a great unit. You might save a few bucks by installing the Stratus transponder with 2i receiver. Not as clean of a package but a thousand or so less.

Joe Crecente

Post by Joe Crecente »

Thanks for the suggestion but I am headed toward an IFR equipped plane so will probably go with the 345
Joe Crecente
Owner of N3055C, a MX7-180C.
Pilot at last.

goodt05

Post by goodt05 »

DeltaRomeo

If your near Fort Worth I recently updated my entire system (MX7-235) to be IFR and ADS-B compliant using Texas Gyro in may 2016. They are on top of all current IFR requirements as well as Garmin products and are one of the few shops around that will work with Maules. When they did the install they provided a brand new wiring harness and removed the old one.

I highly recommend the GTX-345 especially if your using foreflight since it will send ADS-B data to your phone or Ipad.

I also had a GTN750 installed it is a great situational instrument with its large moving map.

Unless you need multiple instrument updates I would avoid upgrading to glass unless you really want to as the cheapest option will be the Aspen displays which will easily cost $10K.