Smoke and rear view mirrors

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
gbarrier
100+ Posts

Smoke and rear view mirrors

Post by gbarrier »

Understand that the FAA's website goes live today to reserve your rebate for ADS-B. Went on the website just after 9am eastern and the website says rebates not available, all rebate reservations have been requested. So, did all 20,000 of the 160,000 aircraft owners who will need this get up and reserve their rebate that early. Website also has red lettering that says this is for development only. Sooo, is the website not up yet or did I miss the boat?

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

OK, guess it just wasn't up yet. Got it done.

Get on there and reserve that goverment money.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Theres no free lunch
Especially from this illustrious gov.
Something up their sleeve.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Wyflyer
100+ Posts

Post by Wyflyer »

They will get WAAS precision flight tracking of every aircraft in the sky. Big Brother data sent to them to record and scrutinize every moment of every aircraft in the sky post 2020
we allow darwins law to take its course. -chris erasmus

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Installed on our Maule some months ago and I must admit that it is very nice to see traffic out there and certainly will be better when all have it but you are exactly right. Can't help but believe that it was just the bone they had to throw us to get it in place so they could track us all.

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

I logged on and it was a pretty painless operation.

My airport is under the KSEA Class B "veil"; therefore, I have no options other than installing ADS-B.

I went with the least expensive total cost option I could find for my certified aircraft.

Now got to get it installed and fly it in the ADS-B environment for certification.

TD

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Can't help but believe that it was just the bone they had to throw us to get it in place so they could track us all

You bet.

If I weas in Tom's shoes and I wanted to fly I would acquiesce but I live out here in the desert and I'll keep my (illusion of) privacy and make due without it.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

NavWorx has a Stealth mode in its units. If you want to fly outside the required areas without the tracking, supposedly this will allow it.

See below supposedly this is going to migrate to the ADS600-B:

AutoStealth(tm) Mode:
The UAT technology is the only ADS-B equipment that will allow for privacy. Normally, ADS-B devices transmit the aircrafts ICAO number, a unique code that is assigned by the FAA to each aircraft. When flying VFR however, there is no need to let the FAA know who you are. The ADS600-EXP randomizes the ICAO whenever the squawk code is set to 1200. In addition, the N-Number of the aircraft configured is changed to "N0", an unassigned N-Number.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Just rolled back into town after a big TXs wedding. I need to make some calls in the am Appaero has their unit ready and now with the rebate up looks like now is the time. I still have an audio panel that came with the plane to add so I need to get some quotes and geter done. I still plan on heading down to the reunion Friday if the weather holds, still got a few days off.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

I am registered and have the install scheduled. going to upgrade my audio panel while I'm in the shop. Looks like the first week of December. I'm installing the Appaero ESG transponder since I already have the Stratus 2 and iPad. ok back to getting my hay up and in the barn.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

Wyflyer
100+ Posts

Post by Wyflyer »

Mine came out of the shop today. I installed a Garmin GTX330ES coupled to the existing Garmin GNS430W.
I hope to run this one for a couple years and try to upgrade it later to a GTX345 to see other traffic. This is good enough for now, and if I do nothing i'll still be compliant New Year's day 2020.
we allow darwins law to take its course. -chris erasmus