JPI 830

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
Henry Sanger

JPI 830

Post by Henry Sanger »

Looking for pics for mounting a 830 in the panel
Thanks

Stevekox

Post by Stevekox »

Hey HS
I'm about to pull the trigger on the purchase of an 830 as well. I have two available spots beside the Six pack (no VOR or NDB) I too would be interested in installs from other Maulers. Could be a bit hard for me to read from the right side of panel though.
In AUS I'm looking at a 10k AUD outlay installed. Is this really warranted v fuel saving and engine longevity.?
Cheers Steve

Curtis
100+ Posts

JPI 830

Post by Curtis »

I have a JPI 830 in my Maule. Send me your email and I will send some photos.
Curtis

22Tango

Post by 22Tango »

I put in the 730 with FF (may get other sensors later). Used the lower hole to the right of the 6 pack. Unit vertical. There are quite a few pics on the forum - search for JPI. One pic the JPI is in lower left panel and horizontal orientation.

krautman67

Post by krautman67 »

Greetings Steve,
I also agree with installing an engine monitor. I am looking closely at the EI CGR 30 that would fit into a 3.25" hole. Flush-mount, right beside the altimeter. Everyone has different $$ limits with respect to what maintenance is available in their area. I would suggest/guess that $10G is a tad high for a monitor system. I see that Aircraft Spruce retails the EDM 830-6C for US$2,946 which is about $4,200 AUD., so you are paying close to $6G for the install, 1.5 X what the unit is worth. I know that the install is not an afternoon job. I am lucky to have an A&P/AME that lets me do a ton of preliminary work myself, but much of the manpower cost here is the relatively straight-forward job of installing all the EGT probes/CHT probes, routing/securing wires. The more finiky work of the flowmeter/carb temp/voltmeter is beyond my skill level, not to mention that it needs to be signed off by a pro.
Good luck with your install, post photos when you are done!
Carl
1976 M5-235C

Curtis
100+ Posts

JPI 830

Post by Curtis »

I have some photo's posted under "Updated Panel with digital fuel Gauges" in Mx repair & Technical Questions, Dec 10, 2013.
Curtis

Henry Sanger

JPI 830

Post by Henry Sanger »

Thanks for the help in where to put the 830

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

I installed an Insight G3 engine Monitor at my last annual I love the unit but one thing I really liked is all the sensors where included in the purchase price. The fuel flow has been with in a gallon on 4 hour flights and some of that difference maybe in the fueling. I have mine mounted just to the left of the center radio stack next to the manifold pressure and tach. I posted some picture in another thread a while a go I'll look to see if I can find it.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

heres the thread there are a couple of units pictured.
http://maulepilots.org/forums/viewtopic ... ne+monitor
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money