Patroller Seats

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
Hottshot
100+ Posts

Patroller Seats

Post by Hottshot »

Anybody have them? What do you think?

Anybody have them for sale that would let me try before I buy?

8)

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Wup, you won't like them, except for the high back and whiplash protection. As you enter the door the metal frame is higher than the door sill. They are stretched open netting for cooling (think 'cold' in winter) and the netting slowly sags with big pilots, and you end up between the side rails. They were designed for M4 and M5. the seat tracks in the MX7 and M7 are a different width so a track guide will have to be welded to the seat/gear truss. If you fit one the protection is good, however if you fit two then you cannot reach into the back to feed or beat the sleddog/kid/transported zoo animals, or even to reach your lunch, if it has'nt been eaten.
An X Maule owner I know has one he would sell.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

Ok, I'll take your word for it. I have been haveing a little issue with mine, after about 3 hours of flight I get a lot of lower back pain and that is with the Oregon Aero seat Cushins' !! I think I will just try to move the seat up in the back so it don't lean so far..... I don't know. Any sugestions?

dickbutz

Post by dickbutz »

Wup...
I have the Oregon Aero cushion in my plane and I had a lot of discomfort and felt like I was sitting two low as well, I think the stock Maule seats must be better though...I put a thin piece of foam under a good quality lambswool cover and now I am higher, cooler even in summer, and more comfortable as the foam fills the dip in the seat..I am 6 foot tall an weigh 225 lbs. so I am what you would call a normal size I guess even though the FAA thinks we all weigh 180 lbs...I to like the seat back more vertical than they are in most planes...Dick Butz
Old pilots never die they just fly away...

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

I flew Bills plane the other day and he has the seat set up more vertical and it was great. I think I will try to do the same to mine as well as get the SKYLIGHT in ASAP!!!!

Oh and the swing up doors :roll: and ......