"Bush seat" installation.

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
carl

"Bush seat" installation.

Post by carl »

Merry Greetings from overseas.

I have not found a previous thread regarding this, has it been up for discussion before...? I have seen a M4-220C (C-reg) for sale with what looks like a single "bush seat" installed instead of the "aft" wide seat.
It seems to be mounted towards the LH side of the cabin wall, giving extra space to the right.
If this is not a "once off approval ", where can I get something similar to my M4-210C ? If so, is it covered under a STC or the TC ?

Thanks and best regards,

Carl.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

It is probably the quick release, or fold up against the sidewall seat made by Attlee Dodge of Alaska for the C180,185 breed. Various shops in AK have fitted one or a pair in Maules on a 337. If you google the company, there is probably a description. Both Wick Air and Terry Holiday have fitted these for you owners in AK.
I have also seen a Maule seat split into two, though you still have the two cross bars in place after one half of the seat is removed
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

carl

Post by carl »

Thanks Jeremy. I have attached a link to the photo of the seat installation for info. Although it may be "approved", I need something that is covered by a STC or TC, otherwise I cant put it in my aircraft, unfortunately, thats the rules over here, (Europe).

http://cs-ent.ca/6760m.jpg

Best regards,

Carl.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Carl, I don't recognize the seat in your link, it is not the Atlee Dodge one. Can you ask the owner about it.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

UP-M5
100+ Posts

Post by UP-M5 »

the seat in your picture is a cessna 185 middle row seat. it appears to have an extra tab welded on the inboard leg to bolt to the floor. they attatch via 2 studs sticking out from the cabin wall horizontally. and the seat back is easily removable.
i've never seen one in a maule before, and dont know of any stc.
M5-235