Camera Mount

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
silkwings

Post by silkwings »

a64pilot wrote:Let me know if and when they are interested in a good Ag plane. I thnk they may have bought a couple of 504's, but that thing is a POS. :lol:
Yes, 3 AT 504 was sold to China. What kind do you have? Thrush? We are actually looking into this market.

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Yes, we are Thrush. The 504 is a side by side seated airplane. His 802 is the only other dual control aircraft he has. The 504 cockpit is about the same size as my C-140. two normal people just don't fit. It also has plastic windshields, which means that a bird is coming right through and you cannot have a windshield washer. An Ag plane that flies through it's own spray simply has to have a windshield wiper / washer, and bird strikes are the norm for an Ag plane. The center windshield on Thrushes and all other Air Tractors is basically automotive safety glass like the windshields in cars.
He used to manufacture a 503, but I believe the last surviving 503 was used in the Ag school in Bainbridge Ga. before they sold it. The 503 was apparently a horrible handling airplane and all of them have been wrecked, the last one in Bainbridge was ground looped and heavily damaged by the delivery pilot on arrival.
google GE Thrush That is the latest one, we hope to have cert. by the end of the year if the FAA will cooperate.

silkwings

Post by silkwings »

a64pilot, I checked your website. Could you send me some detailed info/brochure? Also like to know price info. Will your plane be at Oshkosh? My email is jzhang at silkwingsaviation.com thanks.

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Not Oshkosh this year, we did last year in support of GE and to kind of prove we could do it. We were in Oshkosh 90 days after GE delivered us an engine, which is pretty quick considering the differences between the two aircraft. But, the first prototype was no where near a production vehicle, but we learn from each. We are building #3 now, which I hope will be the production vehicle, we are conforming everything with the intent of certifying it.
If possible please contact erojek@thrushaircraft.com for sales literature. Give him a mailing address for the literature. He is sales. If for some reason you don't get what you need in a timely fashion, contact me either here or at jbays@thrushaircraft.com and I will intercede, but he is sales, and I need to let him either swim or drown.

silkwings

Post by silkwings »

a64pilot, I sent an email to erojek@thrushaircraft.com, no reply yet.