Very Reasonably Priced LED Landing Lights?

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

This seems to be the more recent evolution of the wigwag. http://www.periheliondesign.com/wigwagdmnl.htm

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

That website said for experimental use only. Is there one that is certified I'll have to check the aircraft supply companies I guess .
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

Thats a cool switch.

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

That's what the 337 is for

super-maule

Post by super-maule »

captnkirk wrote:super maule which switch did you use? I'm considering the same thing for mine. I've inherited 4 bubs so I'll burn those till then switch to led's

Kirk,
This is it, but it isn't a PMAd part: http://www.periheliondesign.com/wigwagdmnl.htm
Works great, very happy with both the LED lights and switch. The 337 wasn't that bad either.

James
Clear Creek, Idaho

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Thanks back when I had a Citabria I had to deal with the local gado over a prop some one had installed. They had a really helpful maintenance guy he had come from Alaska got it signed off no problem. I hear he has moved and the local shop has been telling me they have had problems getting things done. That could be self inflicted though the owner can be a pain.When I get the switch I'll see if you can send me a copy of the 337 may ease the pain.
Kirk Johnson

super-maule

Post by super-maule »

captnkirk wrote:Thanks back when I had a Citabria I had to deal with the local gado over a prop some one had installed. They had a really helpful maintenance guy he had come from Alaska got it signed off no problem. I hear he has moved and the local shop has been telling me they have had problems getting things done. That could be self inflicted though the owner can be a pain.When I get the switch I'll see if you can send me a copy of the 337 may ease the pain.
Be happy to help.

James
Clear Creek, Idaho

skidooche

Post by skidooche »

m7-235

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Super-Maule got the switch need to take it to my local shop see about getting it put in can you send me a copy of that 337. I use it to see if the local gado will sign off on it.
Kirk Johnson

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Maxpulse is PMA'd / TSO'd, logbook entry only. Little more $$$ then Wig Wag, but does more stuff on control side as well....

http://sptpanel.com/maxpulse_light_controller.htm
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Depending on what your mechanic charges to get field approval might not cost more. Good looking specs. Switch panel just looks busy.

CaptnKirk, that was probably John Krause. Nice Guy. He has retired from local FSDO. Last I heard he was rebuilding a Funk. There are still one or two good ones over there though.

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Funks or Feds? :shock:
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Jim now you tell me (lol) I didn't see that one when I was looking for a switch. It will be easier and just about the same price as having a shop sort out the paper work. I can give the other one to my son he said he'll hook it up on his truck , he can already light up the night. Gbarrier yep as I remember his name was John so I assume it was the same guy. That citabria had a belly tank it had been used as a fish spotter he fixed the paper work so I could take it on and off with a logbook entry. He was one of the guys you didn't mind coming around.
Kirk Johnson

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Yep, X Fed fixing a Funk. His wife worked there too. Nice folks. Need to look them up.

riverbuggy
100+ Posts

Post by riverbuggy »

I installed MaxPulse. Easy installation, and many operating options. Great flight safety enhancement with no weight gain. ... Now if I can just remember to turn it on..? :oops: Oh Yeh! Just add it to my checklist! :shock:
Ray
1970 M4-220C N2056U