exhaust egress tunnel

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
UP-M5
100+ Posts

exhaust egress tunnel

Post by UP-M5 »

has anyone here installed a new stainless egress tunnel?

i priced them out, and they are suprisingly cheap. i just wondered if they are extremely difficult to install?
M5-235

W.A.T.

Egress Tunnel

Post by W.A.T. »

I have installed few...

There are a few things to consider.

1. Getting a new egress tunnel to fit an older Maule maybe the biggest problem. If you really need to replace the egress I would recommend sending it to the factory (or me) to have one made to match the original.

2. Removing the blind rivets without enlarging the holes is always a challenge. Removal of the kick panels, fuel selector valve handle, floor boards and rudder bar cover will be required. Be sure to have someone hold the rivet tail from spinning while drilling and use an undersize drill bit.

3. Be careful not to drill into the fuselage tube located just behind the firewall!

Most importantly ( Do not leave any drilled rivet tails in the belly of the aircraft, it could jam the controls). I would love to here how much “FOD” (loose objects) you find floating around under the floorboards. You wouldn’t believe the things I have found.

Sorry for being long winded…just making up for lost time.

Good luck,
David
Wright Aircraft Technology, LLC
151 D W Wright Road
Moultrie, GA 31788

Telephone: (229) 324-3163

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Hey David, welcome back.

benflyn
100+ Posts

Post by benflyn »

Jeremy, David

Your input and insight on this forum are greatly appreciated! Many of us rookie Maule owners welcome your wisdom and contributions.

Many Thanks!!

Benflyn