Fuel Flow gauge, MP/RPM gauges

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Here is their web site. http://www.buy-ei.com/

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Mark,
If you go with the EI get the FP-5L.
Read and reread all of the option's (fine print)on both units and give EI a call. David is one of the seasoned fella's at EI and he keeps away from the Bravo Sierra.
I placed my unit just below the clock on the left lower part of the panel.
BTW: many of the add-on options are GREAT safety items(you can add later). We as pilots cannot glue our eye's to instruments and if something fails and we are not LOOKING at the instrument's, OH NO. If something goes south the little red light goes "look at me". This gives you valuble time to act.
Now comes the negative: I have six of these EI gauges in the rocket and those little red lights can drive you nuts at night. Make sure the lighting controls are placed on rheostats (both Back light and Red light). David can help you with that.

senoiaslim

Post by senoiaslim »

I have a GX55 and a 496, would it work with one of those?
Mark

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Call and talk to Dave at EI. It sounds more like the -5L is the one for you.

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

HA JEREMY,
When are you going to install a spell check??? Every time I read my goobuldigoop I find more mistakes.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

I can barely run the computer let alone install a spellcheck. And I don't run this site, wish I knew how......correction, I don't want to know how, I'd be way too busy.
Anyhow self spell check gives us time to reread what we wrote before pulling the trigger. Safety catch.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

I know we are off track here, but of course one way is to cut and paste from word. In word, I guess you can do lot's of things.

akloon
100+ Posts

Shadin fuel flow

Post by akloon »

I've got a Shadin fuel flow gauge that came with the plane. It's coupled to the GPS and is able to give quite a bit of information, although not in the same ball park as an analyzer. It was working fine, then started giving a lot of radical fuel flows and jumping all over the place, obviously inaccurate. The transducer is installed in the line running from the mechanical boost pump to the fuel control. I would have thought it should be downstream of the fuel control? Anyway, I just annualled the plane and found that the diaphragm in the mechanical boost pump was failing. I'm hoping this was the reason the fuel flow in the Shadin transducer was unreliable. Thoughts?
1995 M-7-235B

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Check with Shadin and verify location.
Sounds like you discovered something I've never heard of, but makes since if the pump was fluttering in some way then the flow meter could follow.
Please upgrade us, this sounds like good info.

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Mark,
When I noted the negative earlier about the red light's, I also meant to say the green light's also. They stay on all of the time and drive me nuts at night (rocket has round canopy/very reflective). When the rocket was wired 10 years ago no thought was given to the brightness of these little light's. only the back-light to the read out.

senoiaslim

Post by senoiaslim »

sorry I did not see page 2. lol
Mark

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Re: Shadin fuel flow

Post by a64pilot »

akloon wrote:I've got a Shadin fuel flow gauge that came with the plane. It's coupled to the GPS and is able to give quite a bit of information, although not in the same ball park as an analyzer. It was working fine, then started giving a lot of radical fuel flows and jumping all over the place, obviously inaccurate. The transducer is installed in the line running from the mechanical boost pump to the fuel control. I would have thought it should be downstream of the fuel control? Anyway, I just annualled the plane and found that the diaphragm in the mechanical boost pump was failing. I'm hoping this was the reason the fuel flow in the Shadin transducer was unreliable. Thoughts?
I don't see how it would matter which way, fuel flow would be the same. Shadin is good stuff.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

The distance of a transducer tubine from an elbow in the fuel line is important as turbulance can disturb the readings.
Important to read instructions before installing.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Yep,
Three good rules

Read the directions
Read the directions again
CALL FOR HELP