M7 wing on M4

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
n1264d

M7 wing on M4

Post by n1264d »

I recently found a set of M7 wings that would go on my M4. I am going experimental and would probably go with the wings I have other than I had planned on re-skinning them both along with the flaps and ailerons. One of the wings is currently unskinned and I just can't stand rebuilding something that has a bunch of imperfections such as the other wing. That is why they would both skinned along with wanting to put on thicker aluminum. Anyone put a different wing on an M4? I had heard the M7 has a longer flap, aileron and the flap system is a rigid system unlike my M4. Anyone know? Also does anyone have an idea what a set of M4 converted to M5 wings with tanks, extended tanks, flaps and ailerons is worth or how hard/easy they would be to sell.

Thanks for the info!

MikeW
100+ Posts

Post by MikeW »

Give Maule Mods out of Idaho a call. Maulemods.com. They deal with stuff like this. I've never heard of an M4 with M7 wings on it but they may have seen one. They can also give you an idea on the value of your wings.

Mike

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Bushwacker, I think is an M5 fuselage. I think it has the M7 wings on it. You might try to give him, Mauleguy a PM. I think there are a lot of similarities between the M4 and M5. I'm pretty sure the M4 and 5 have the same flap system. I think the "new" flap system began with the M6. If so then he faced and solved, I believe some of the problems you will face.

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Maulemods site is down for what ever reason.
Johan@maulemods.com should reach him. If not let us know and we can find phone #.
Johan is the expert in this area

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

The best way to see if you can "legally" fit the M7 wing to an M4 is via Shirley Maule at www.mauleairinc.com .engineering dept. 229 985 2045
Experimentally you can put the M7 wing on but flight characteristics will have to be explored because the M4 fuselage is quite different from the M5. The M5 can accept the late flap wings provided some cutting and welding is done to fit the torque tube through the side frame and to mount the drive mechanism. The rudder is also changed along with of course the flaps and ailerons. There are different wings to contend with and some have two different sets of flaps and ailerons. Early MX7, universal MX7 and M7, M7 and M7A wings. Do you know what wing you have?
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide