M4 doors

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
iceman
100+ Posts

M4 doors

Post by iceman »

Has anyone got a line on some M4 doors. I am about to go patroller doors and hate the thought of cutting into my doors for the windows. If I could get a set of m4 doors for a reasonable price and make them Patroller doors it might be worth the trouble of not slicing into my nice paint job. JUST THOught I'd ask. :?
Iceman

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Doors are built to the airframe. If you do the doors correctly, your paint won't show a mark. Get the drawings from Maule and you'll have new patrollers in a weekend or two evenings with basic shop tools, hardware from Ace and plexiglass from your local glass supply.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

Hi Jeremy, Already got the drawings . I just hate to alter the stock doors . I know I probably never will go back to the old but it was just a thought.
Iceman

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

You won't go back to the stock doors and you can use the panels that you will unclip, and glue a vynyl backing to them so seen from the outside they look Ok if you clip them back on some very cold day or for a queasy passenger.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

Very cold day? What is that. We don't have those here. :D Good Idea Ill try that after I slice up the doors. Thanks Jeremy!
Iceman

UP-M5
100+ Posts

Post by UP-M5 »

i worried about the cold also, and kept my interior panels handy.
but after several hours flying at 25 below with just the patroller glass, i have found it to be just fine.
enjoy.
M5-235

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

25 below? Brr! :(
Iceman