5th Seat

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
n1264d

5th Seat

Post by n1264d »

For those with a fifth seat, how is it set up. Is it a singe seat in the baggage area or is it a 3rd place in the back seat. Are there any differences in the structure that are different from the M4? Just wondering how the setup is as I haven't seen one. Also it would be nice to have one in my M4.

Thanks! :D

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Single seat in baggage. You don't want one in an M4. No windows, no headroom, no seatbelt, no legroom.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Sam Rutherford
100+ Posts

not ideal, but perhaps useful

Post by Sam Rutherford »

All the paperwork on my M7 180B (1995) says '5 seats'. Now I can see that it would be pretty miserable back there, but can I nonetheless fit a seat there for occasional use? I can see the use to sometimes be able to legally move 4 pax (plus pilot) on short hops.

Thoughts?

Sam.
MX7 180-B

www.prepare2go.com
TV/Film & Rally-Raid Logistics

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

Sam,

That is about right about the 5th seat. Pretty small, but could be useful. I have an M5 so it's not an issue for me, but I know on other aircraft types with an additional seat, many owners remove them to insure as a 4 place aircraft.

Anyone find a difference on insurance prices with or without the 5th seat? If you did add a 5th seat to your airplane, make sure your insurance agent is aware of it or they might have a reason to deny a claim if something happened.

Kirk

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

5th seat planes have windows on each side, but I don't know if that is a legal requirement. A seat belt is, and the mount is engineered so should be from the Maule drawings.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide