patrol doors

Mods, approval, 337's, STC's, fun with the Feds.
Pecos

Post by Pecos »

I bought the parts from maule and just finished the pilot door of my M4. Very happy with the results. Just like factory with correct curve to the opening upper window and plexiglass. Will start the passenger door next.

Tomkatz
100+ Posts

Post by Tomkatz »

Guys,

Mask the out line of the plexiglass with masking tape then mark on the masking tape. Use a fine cutoff wheel and cut along your line through the masking tape and panel. Done properly you will only have to touch up the area which made contact with the cutoff wheel itself. The exterior paint should be in great shape. When peeling of the remaing tape, lift the outside of the tape and pull towards the new cut to avoid lifting the paint.

I hope this helps. It is a very easy project and you will forever love the view.

Take care,
Tom
Tom K.

Tomkatz
100+ Posts

Post by Tomkatz »

Guys,

Mask the out line of the plexiglass with masking tape then mark on the masking tape. Use a fine cutoff wheel and cut along your line through the masking tape and panel. Done properly you will only have to touch up the area which made contact with the cutoff wheel itself. The exterior paint should be in great shape. When peeling of the remaing tape, lift the outside of the tape and pull towards the new cut to avoid lifting the paint.

I hope this helps. It is a very easy project and you will forever love the view.

Take care,
Tom
Tom K.

AMBUSH

Re: patrol doors

Post by AMBUSH »

Does anyone have the drawings for the patrol doors they could send me? I want to take a look at them before I order the kit. Thank you.

Jayson v Schalkwyk
100+ Posts

Re: patrol doors

Post by Jayson v Schalkwyk »

Hello all,

I have bought the kit from Maule for my M6 front doors. Sadly, many of there great photos that were here are missing. Has anybody recently done the patrol door upgrade and taken phots while completing the process?

Any chance you could post them here, email them directly maybe?
1983 M6-235C